OT: Las Vegas Raiders WR Henry Ruggs to be charged with DUI resulting in death

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is so about time for this. Hopefully it is completely bipartisan too
Yes, hopefully it is. But some will complain and be against it. I lived in Texas when they passed an open container law and the amount of bitching and anger over it was.....really something.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully it is. But some will complain and be against it. I lived in Texas when they passed an open container law and the amount of bitching and anger over it was.....really something.
Because, because . . . my RIGHTS!!!!

(to do something illegal? No)

(Can’t wait for the outcry on this one)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And it is the place with the most transportation options. So stupid
What? This place is the absolute worst for transportation options. I believe I already addressed this in the thread. It's rideshare (if available), taxi (won't take you off the Strip), city bus (nothing like taking four hours to get home over a series of confusing buses that take you through dangerous areas of town), and... that's it.

Vegas is not just the Strip. The Monorail and Strip buses only serve a very limited stretch of this city that's closing in on the size of the Phoenix metro area.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What? This place is the absolute worst for transportation options. I believe I already addressed this in the thread. It's rideshare (if available), taxi (won't take you off the Strip), city bus (nothing like taking four hours to get home over a series of confusing buses that take you through dangerous areas of town), and... that's it.

Vegas is not just the Strip. The Monorail and Strip buses only serve a very limited stretch of this city that's closing in on the size of the Phoenix metro area.
Well and UBER and Lift. There are certainly enough options to get around without driving drunk. Best option is to either get a ride to where you're going or take an UBER and then take an UBER back. Assuming you can't line up a DD.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is never not a taxi or rideshare. It's a much higher share of drivers than similar sized cities.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shocker

Inaudible radio traffic leads Metro police to officer accused of taking vehicle while off duty, driving under the influence

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is never not a taxi or rideshare. It's a much higher share of drivers than similar sized cities.
Yeah I still don’t understand what he’s really getting at even in bigger cities like Chicago and New York people who are smashed aren’t typically jumping on the L or the subway to get home.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys. A young stud out on the town, in Las Vegas, with his sweetie (or whatever), in a corvette (or whatever kind of $100k car he has) and, a b/a way over the limit for dui, is not going to call for a taxi or Uber or anything else.

i mean, that is what alcohol does to you. It screws up your coordination, messes up your thinking so you can’t make reasonable decisions. Why would he call for a taxi? Have you ever tried to talk sense to a drunk? SMH

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys. A young stud out on the town, in Las Vegas, with his sweetie (or whatever), in a corvette (or whatever kind of $100k car he has) and, a b/a way over the limit for dui, is not going to call for a taxi or Uber or anything else.

i mean, that is what alcohol does to you. It screws up your coordination, messes up your thinking so you can’t make reasonable decisions. Why would he call for a taxi? Have you ever tried to talk sense to a drunk? SMH
I’ve been out on the town drunk with my girl many times and guess what I did? Oh ya called a cab back in the day or ubered....

Everything is easily available nowadays and literally no excuse not to do it. Oh ya and he’s rich which gives him even less of an excuse.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Well and UBER and Lift. There are certainly enough options to get around without driving drunk. Best option is to either get a ride to where you're going or take an UBER and then take an UBER back. Assuming you can't line up a DD.
I personally do this. If I know I'm going far/drinking, I go there in an Uber to start so there isn't even a question. But, lining up a DD? I can't think of a time I've ever had that as an option here, haha.

Untrue. Go back and take a look at my personal experience of having to sit around Treasure Island. The worker shortage is having an effect on Uber & Lyft as well. And that's not my only story about rideshare being unreliable here. I've had multiple experiences this year looking for a ride, only to simply be shown "no cars available." I'm literally staying in tonight and playing Nintendo by myself because I've got to go to a birthday party tomorrow night and I'm expecting my Uber ride *home* to be over $80, much less getting there. Cabs won't take you home. Rideshare is inconsistent.

None of this is intended to make excuses for Ruggs, just to say that the transportation in Vegas is not good compared to many other cities.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Henry Ruggs III remains on house arrest after nearly missing alcohol test

Former Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs III will remain on house arrest after nearly missing an alcohol test. A judge required Ruggs to appear in court Monday after he missed a call prompting him to take an alcohol test Nov. 13.

Ruggs risked returning to jail over the missed call, but the judge opted to keep Ruggs on house arrest "with a higher level of monitoring," according to The Associated Press.

Justice of the Peace Suzan Baucum also warned Ruggs any missed tests or proof Ruggs used alcohol would "be problematic" moving forward.

Ruggs was put on house arrest and required to submit to alcohol testing four times a day after he was involved in a car crash Nov. 2 that killed 23-year-old Tina Tintor and her dog.

Ruggs is required to wear an alcohol monitor while out on bail. On Nov. 13, Ruggs missed a call at 4:41 p.m prompting him to submit to an alcohol test. He said he did not hear the signal from his alcohol monitor. Ruggs gave himself a "client initiated remote breath test" at 6:28 p.m. that same day. That self-initiated test — which came back negative — was done within the three-hour requirement, according to Ruggs' attorney David Chesnoff.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Former Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to plead guilty to two charges stemming from fatal DUI crash​

Former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs will plead guilty to a felony charge of DUI resulting in death and a misdemeanor count of vehicular manslaughter, his attorneys said on Tuesday, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Ruggs was accused of driving up to 156 miles per hour down residential streets, with a blood-alcohol content of 0.16 percent, at the time of a crash that resulted in the deaths of a 23-year-old woman, Tina Tintor, and her dog in November 2021. He was initially charged with DUI, reckless driving, and possession of a firearm while under the influence, and was released by the Raiders in the immediate wake of the charges.

According to Ruggs' attorneys, Ruggs has not yet formally entered his guilty pleas, but will do so in 8th Judicial District Court after they waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

According to both Ruggs' defense attorneys and the prosecutors involved in the case, the parties agreed on a sentence of three to 10 years in a Nevada prison for Ruggs, though that is conditional on the judge accepting the terms of the agreement.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I bet he gets closer to max. Some really horrible decisions that just can’t be excused ) and I mean well before that night. I’m a drinker, and while I fully admit I may improperly articulate myself/ish comes out wrong, or I receive things improperly, alcohol doesn’t “make” you do stupid ish, you’re just a stupid ass that shouldn’t drink. 156mph on a surface street isn’t just stupid, it’s f’n insane. Either way, his life is done.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It would be somewhat palatable if he was going to serve that 10 year max, but that obviously won't happen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He will probably only serve a fraction of that time if he makes parole.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave