Cards hire Drew Petzing as their OC

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does, and that's why the Eagles were a legitimately good team and not total frauds like the Minnesota Vikings.

Gannon helped bring that team from 25th in defensive DVOA the year before to 6th this year. They held four teams to single-digit scoring, including two teams in the playoffs.

This was also a year when the top teams weren't as good as the teams in the past, so you're probably buying very high on the guy.

I'm not really fussed about any of that to be honest. Seems to me he's being hired for a skill set rather than a record.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It does, and that's why the Eagles were a legitimately good team and not total frauds like the Minnesota Vikings.

Gannon helped bring that team from 25th in defensive DVOA the year before to 6th this year. They held four teams to single-digit scoring, including two teams in the playoffs.

This was also a year when the top teams weren't as good as the teams in the past, so you're probably buying very high on the guy.
This is a fair assessment.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vs Broncos
You must be registered for see images attach

Vs Chiefs
You must be registered for see images attach
Huh I guess not.

The main difference for me is we were really behind vs. Chiefs so the same offense felt worse. We gained 309 total yards vs. the Broncos and 286 vs. the Chiefs. Rushing and passing were basically the same in both games. 17 points and 10 points. The offense is just bad right now regardless of where Petzing sits.

Though more of the rushing in the Chiefs game came from QB scrambles, while in the Broncos game it was actual run plays.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh I guess not.

The main difference for me is we were really behind vs. Chiefs so the same offense felt worse. We gained 309 total yards vs. the Broncos and 286 vs. the Chiefs. Rushing and passing were basically the same in both games. 17 points and 10 points. The offense is just bad right now regardless of where Petzing sits.

Though more of the rushing in the Chiefs game came from QB scrambles, while in the Broncos game it was actual run plays.

The first three possessions looked pretty good running the ball:

J.Conner left tackle to ARZ 28 for 6 yards
J.Conner right end to ARZ 32 for 9 yards
R.Moore right end ran ob at ARZ 38 for 6 yards
K.Ingram left tackle to ARZ 32 for 11 yards
K.Ingram left tackle to ARZ 36 for 4 yards
K.Ingram up the middle to ARZ 40 for 4 yards

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is vanilla, traditional NFL offense. Very similar to Cleveland/Minnesota offense with Brissett/Cousins. Don’t know if it will be different with Kyler or if there are some unique elements which will show up in the regular season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Huh I guess not.

I think KC is still really, really good, and we got a little preview of what's going to happen when we play upper-tier teams in the regular season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Drew has done a fine job calling plays so far. Curious to see what Kyler looks like in this offense.
He’ll look short…he still won’t be able to effectively read a defense…It is unclear if he can be a leader although I think we all can agree he has slightly moved in the right direction this off-season…the Cardinals won’t really know what they have with him in this scheme after this season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Drew Petzing for President! 28 today against a very good defense.

And how smoothly our offense operates... Through the first three games, how many times have you seen the play clock running down to zero before the snap?

And our run game... perfectly suited for Conner's wrecking ball style.

He may not be able to ride the big rides at the state fair, but I'm a big fan of our little mad scientist DP! :)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This guy is looking great to me. I know it’s early but hopefully his scheme work continues. Turning Dobbs into a top 10 QB is amazing. Excited to see Kyler work within these confines.
Me too. Snaps under center, stepping up in the pocket, controlled runs. Can't wait to see Kyler pull that off. He has the physical talents.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave