Isaiah Simmons and the 5th year option

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, our last 4 draft picks are playing different positions with Cardinals and the first three have failed with us.

Hasaan Reddick - OLB/DE to ILB
Isaiah Simmons - Hybrid to ILB to Safety
Zaven Collins - ILB to OLB or DE?
Paris Johnston - LT to ? (not LT)
To be fair, Paris played a year at RG in college.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I was sure they would go 4-3 with the signing of Kyzir but all their moves suggest 3-4.

Ojulari is a wide 9. Stiles us 285lb 3 tech. Collier likely plays 3 tech. Sanders better suits a 3-4.

Nothing about the D front guys we have says 4-3.
If I look at what we drafted, I feel Ojulari, Stills, and Pappoe all scream 4-3. And I don't see any players in our front 7 that we would need to delay that switch for.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I look at what we drafted, I feel Ojulari, Stills, and Pappoe all scream 4-3. And I don't see any players in our front 7 that we would need to delay that switch for.

But you think they move Ojulari to off ball though right? You think we go full Reddick again? I don't see it.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting this one.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The reason we’re having this conversation is that Simmons hasn’t been the player we were hoping for at a position that is among the easiest to transition to the NFL.

It sucks, but that’s the reality.

Can’t wait to have this conversation again next year only about Zaven Collins.
That’s because the previous regime never put him in a position to succeed instead of just focusing on one position. this guy’s career is going to be just like Retix. He’s gonna go somewhere else and be an impact player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That’s because the previous regime never put him in a position to succeed instead of just focusing on one position. this guy’s career is going to be just like Retix. He’s gonna go somewhere else and be an impact player.
Just bc one guy was moved around a ton then succeeded elsewhere doesn't mean that Simmons will do the same.

Has anyone made a strong argument about where he'll actually be successful?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe but you can't let whatever happened with Haason Reddick dictate roster-building going forward.

Impact off-ball linebackers and/or safeties are easy to come by and cheap. Simmons is almost entirely a sunk cost at this point.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the 5th year option adds trade value. He just shaved 1000 yards with Russ got cooked.

If I'm trading for him I want that cheap option taken. I think it increases the comp Denver can get.
Your probably right. I'm just jaded by him from drafting him twice in FF the last 2 years.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just bc one guy was moved around a ton then succeeded elsewhere doesn't mean that Simmons will do the same.

Has anyone made a strong argument about where he'll actually be successful?
Baltimore/Dallas