PFF: 2024 Mock Draft

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We should trade out of the #1 pick. There always QB hungry teams willing to give up a king's ransom for a QB. Unless of course Kyler completely falls apart and we need a new franchise QB.
No. You take Harrison jr with the first pick, so you can’t get screwed. Then trade the #2 pick for a ransom if you’re confident in kyler.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Cardinals could be in a great position.

Kyler fulfills his potential - draft 2 high #1 picks.

He isn't the guy - draft his replacement (new clock starts - QB rookie deal) and Marvin Harrison. Trade Kyler.

Either way - the Cardinals win except for a cap hit for Kyler.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we somehow got 1st and 2nd overall, I would want us to draft Caleb at 1 and then trade down with someone else in the 3-8 range and get another draft haul.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If we somehow got 1st and 2nd overall, I would want us to draft Caleb at 1 and then trade down with someone else in the 3-8 range and get another draft haul.
And pass up on MHJ, which will be a major, major need on this team? No thanks. Players are better than picks in a lot of situations. Punting for picks next season in this year's draft made sense; next year, not so much.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Really? Seriously? Based on Caleb Williams's 168 passer rating (in his 3rd year as a starter) in Riley's super friendly QB system? When Hurts posted a QB rating 30 points higher than Williams in both his junior and senior campaigns?

Wow. Just wow.

Your takes are usually super solid DCR, but I'm glad you won't be running the 2024 Cardinal's draft. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Seriously? Based on Caleb Williams's 168 passer rating (in his 3rd year as a starter) in Riley's super friendly QB system? When Hurts posted a QB rating 30 points higher than Williams in both his junior and senior campaigns?

Wow. Just wow.

Your takes are usually super solid DCR, but I'm glad you won't be running the 2024 Cardinal's draft. :)
Thanks! I appreciate that.

If the Cards are bad enough to be #1 or #2 overall, I think that will show us that Kyler isn't the answer, unless he doesn't play all year somehow which seems unlikely.

That means we are in the running for Williams or Maye. From what I have seen from Caleb, I'd rather him than Maye. I know that I am not the only one that feels that way too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

If the Cards are bad enough to be #1 or #2 overall, I think that will show us that Kyler isn't the answer, unless he doesn't play all year somehow which seems unlikely.

That means we are in the running for Williams or Maye. From what I have seen from Caleb, I'd rather him than Maye. I know that I am not the only one that fees that way too.
I like Maye more. He has better tools overall and he's a great kid.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Maye more. He has better tools overall and he's a great kid.
I think you couldn't go wrong with either one. Both are the best franchise QBs to come out of the draft since Burrow. I like Caleb's ability to scramble and keep plays alive, like Mahomes.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Come hell or high water the cards better draft Harrison first. If they want to draft a QB or trade down after that so be it.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Wow. Just wow.

Hmm... sour grapes because he left OU?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

That means we are in the running for Williams or Maye. From what I have seen from Caleb, I'd rather him than Maye. I know that I am not the only one that feels that way too.

That's not unreasonable, but you're still saying that if we go 2-15 that it's mostly on Murray.

What if Murray comes back in game 8 of the season? What if the oline and running game are still a mess in 2023? What if the defense is not able to stop high school team?

We were terrible last year, and we've had a terrible offseason DCR. We're probably not going to be very good this upcoming year.

With all of that said however, if in games 10 - 17 Murray under-performs as a passer as badly as he did in 2022, then I'll keep quiet when people are calling for a new QB, but I still think Murray's regression was a byproduct of the dysfunction bred by K2 and good-time Stevie, and I expect Murray to be fire in 2023. I think he's going to light it up.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Hmm... sour grapes because he left OU?

Ha! I'm more mad at Riley for slithering out of town in the dead of night like the snake-in-the grass he is. His candy @ss didn't want to play against the SEC. :)

Williams is basically still a kid, and while it stung a little when he transferred, it's understandable that he followed Riley. To bad for Caleb that USC won't win poop this year except for maybe the dreadful Pac 12. I guess that would still be something though.

My main point is the hype train for Williams is out of control. He is supremely talented, and makes some super-human plays, but he's still a little inconsistent and not yet the amazing college pure passer that was Hurts, Tuagolovia or Murray. All three of those guys had noticeably higher completion percentages and average-yards-per-completion than does C. Williams.

It's a big year for Williams, and maybe he takes the next step as a passer. We'll see.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not unreasonable, but you're still saying that if we go 2-15 that it's mostly on Murray.
I think it is a good possibility. If Kyler comes back for 8 games let's say and we still only win 2 games? What does that say? ...and I'm still on Team Kyler.

What if Murray comes back in game 8 of the season? What if the oline and running game are still a mess in 2023? What if the defense is not able to stop high school team?

We were terrible last year, and we've had a terrible offseason DCR. We're probably not going to be very good this upcoming year.
One of the worst I can ever remember for any sports team.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think it is a good possibility. If Kyler comes back for 8 games let's say and we still only win 2 games? What does that say? ...and I'm still on Team Kyler.

One of the worst I can ever remember for any sports team.

I mean I agree that QB has the most influence on if a team wins or loses a game. Still, if we go 2-6 in K1's return, hopefully you'll use your usually judicious powers of observation to evaluate Kyler's performance.

I would not like to completely start over at QB unless we're sure we have too.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't see us drafting a QB high in the first round with Kyler still here, and realistically the first opportunity to get out from under his contract is after 2024. This is definitely a long ways out to project, but I see two QBs rated high for 2025 (from Clemson and Penn State). I'd guess if we got 2 very high picks, we'd take someone (like a Harrison Jr) with one and pick up another 2025 and hopefully 2026 first rounder with the other via a trade down so a team could come up and pick Williams or Maye.

I'm on record in another thread with a way-too-early prediction of Marvin Harrison Jr and Kool-Aid McKinstry in the first round next year. McKinstry in a trade down scenario would be excellent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose