Draft Grades

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Value based on what though? Many were clamoring for Wypler in the 3rd. He went in the 7th. I don’t know if many have an actual grasp on the relative “value” of players from like the 3rd round on.
I would rather have had Wypler in the 3rd round then a WR who has had a season ending injury for the last three years. How have injured college players turned out for us in the past?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather have had Wypler in the 3rd round then a WR who has had a season ending injury for the last three years. How have injured college players turned out for us in the past?
Wypler went late in the 6th round, so 32 teams disagree with this about 3 times over.

Last edited:

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clear disconnect from most of the posters on this board.

A+ from PFF
A- from ESPN
A from NFL.com
A from Draft Kings
A- from USA Today

Those are just the first 5 i see when I Google NFL draft grades.

Can any of the scouts on the board explain all the negativity surrounding our picks from within?
Ya' think that attitude is limited to rooting for sports teams? For their sake I hope it is.
I have been a Chicago/St.L/Phoenix/Arizona fan, and if I had to drag that 'tude around for all those years I would have been on the other side of the rainbow bridge!

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even more than other years, this draft can't be judged accurately yet. The future picks were the basis of the whole haul. If that Houston pick lands in the top 5 next year, this year's draft will be an entirely different than if that pick ends up at 12.

I don't think we drafted any true blue chip players this year, which is disappointing after having a top 3 pick, but I am admittedly not as high on Johnson as most. I also think the bounty of 2024 picks we now have is a bit exaggerated.

But it all comes down to next year's 1st from Houston. If that does turn into a top 5 pick in a strong draft, this year's draft was a huge success, at least at the top.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Even more than other years, this draft can't be judged accurately yet. The future picks were the basis of the whole haul. If that Houston pick lands in the top 5 next year, this year's draft will be an entirely different than if that pick ends up at 12.

I don't think we drafted any true blue chip players this year, which is disappointing after having a top 3 pick, but I am admittedly not as high on Johnson as most. I also think the bounty of 2024 picks we now have is a bit exaggerated.

But it all comes down to next year's 1st from Houston. If that does turn into a top 5 pick in a strong draft, this year's draft was a huge success, at least at the top.
This is the cards we’re talking about. That means Houston makes the superbowl.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clear disconnect from most of the posters on this board.

A+ from PFF
A- from ESPN
A from NFL.com
A from Draft Kings
A- from USA Today

Those are just the first 5 i see when I Google NFL draft grades.

Can any of the scouts on the board explain all the negativity surrounding our picks from within?
Who am I supposed to believe about the Cardinals draft? The people you just listed who get paid to do this, and should know a little about what they are talking about; or Cardinal fans that seem to disagree with the above quote a bit, sometimes quite a bit?:?::bang:o_O

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
My best skill in life is not having a strong opinion one way or another regarding day-3 picks. However I can’t wrap my head around the Wilson pick in the 3rd rd. It comes off as a very Brandon Williams-ish smart guy pick. I’ll be happy to eat crow if he ever becomes a top-4 pass-catching option.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Who am I supposed to believe about the Cardinals draft? The people you just listed who get paid to do this, and should know a little about what they are talking about; or Cardinal fans that seem to disagree with the above quote a bit, sometimes quite a bit?:?::bang:o_O
Cardinals fans without a doubt. We’re more focused on them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As well they should. We could have 2 top 10 picks or even top 5 next year.
That's great. I'm not downplaying the draft capital gained. That doesn't make the actual selections of the players any better or worse, though. Also, we traded out of a good spot in the 3rd round where we could have gotten a starter, IMO.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I give this draft a B
Would have been an A
If we had gotten a quality C
But hey there's always next year

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best skill in life is not having a strong opinion one way or another regarding day-3 picks. However I can’t wrap my head around the Wilson pick in the 3rd rd. It comes off as a very Brandon Williams-ish smart guy pick. I’ll be happy to eat crow if he ever becomes a top-4 pass-catching option.
I was thinking more Ryan Swope.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give this draft a B
Would have been an A
If we had gotten a quality C
But hey there's always next year
I give it an imcomplete since I have no idea if our guys can coach them up and utilize them effectively. The draft is mostly a mirage, how good that player will be often depends on what happens after he's selected. Good coaching staffs make good drafts.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly, they haven’t done much different than the ones who were healthy throughout college. Everyone’s gotten hurt here. Revamping the training situation has given me hope moving forward.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you ever watched Wilson play? Terrible comparison. Brandon Williams was never good lol. Wilson is downright nasty when he’s on the field.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Not great. But Wypler in the 3rd would have been absolutely terrible value based on the fact no one else wanted him until the 7th. So injured player with upside or a 4 round reach on a guy? Guess I’ll take the upside.