Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Monday game thread 5-1-2023- Game 2

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their bench is simply better than ours. It’s no competition. The Suns are going to have to play more zone IMO. Denver can create so many mismatches I don’t see how the Suns can match them position for position when we go to the bench.

Suns have to do better on the glass and get out in transition, at least challenge the 3 or we are going to be down 0-2.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say with all certainty that the only thing Monty probably thinks went wrong tonight was that he didn't go with his gut and play Shamet even more minutes.
The Shamet thing is quite bizarre.

I get it if he was a consistent guy simply in a funk that you have to let him play out of. However he has been unplayable for years.
The only thing I can think of with the Shamet thing since Payne is now healthy?

Payne might be in Monty’s doghouse for some reason. Something we would not be privy to.

Having said that? Still no excuse. Like I said, have no idea if we have an answer but Shamet isn’t it.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of with the Shamet thing since Payne is now healthy?

Payne might be in Monty’s doghouse for some reason. Something we would not be privy to.

Having said that? Still no excuse. Like I said, have no idea if we have an answer but Shamet isn’t it.
I guarantee a LOT of Monty's substitution habits are predicated on players being in Monty's "doghouse." And I also guarantee that the reasons they're in his doghouse have little to nothing to do with basketball.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Their bench is simply better than ours. It’s no competition. The Suns are going to have to play more zone IMO. Denver can create so many mismatches I don’t see how the Suns can match them position for position when we go to the bench.

Suns have to do better on the glass and get out in transition, at least challenge the 3 or we are going to be down 0-2.

Zone D isn't going to help against the 3 ball. Zone cuts out the mid range and interior scoring. Going zone dares teams to shoot from outside and that's the absolute last thing we need to do with Denver.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zone D isn't going to help against the 3 ball. Zone cuts out the mid range and interior scoring. Going zone dares teams to shoot from outside and that's the absolute last thing we need to do with Denver.
Denver’s strength is usually in the paint. You can’t give up both. It’s a touch choice but the Suns would rather give up 3’s than easier 2’s hoping Denver isn’t hot every game. I am not saying it will work but the Suns perimeter defense is so bad they might as well play zone.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I say with all certainty that the only thing Monty probably thinks went wrong tonight was that he didn't go with his gut and play Shamet even more minutes.
That's funny but Monty. Shamet has scored what 10 points in 6 playoff games so far. He's not going bring it. A waste of $10 million and a spot that could have been given to a productive rotation player if James Jones did his job. And on top of that Monty seems to love Landry.

Landry inconsistent play, an aged CP3, bad bench, lack of interest Ayton, and non adjustment making coach might be our down fall. That's enough negatives to cause a downfall. But still I'm going to stay with Suns. Gotta get that Monday win. Go Suns!!

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to stop turning the ball over they likely can’t shoot that well more than a game or two. Even freaking Gordon was making fade sways lol. They were red hot and we played a bit sloppy and Ayton well just sucks! Hope to see a better effort tomorrow night!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson