Okay, I’m Briefly Back

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I should have left sooner as it appeared to improve the selection process. I apologize for starting a separate thread. They finally took someone I liked. Stills is one of those legacy players I favor. He’s just a rotational DL, but he can play in or out. He has a great motor but can get discouraged by double teams. He’s surprisingly fast and could easily become a special teams demon. He leaves it all on the field, a great character guy. More later.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I should have left sooner as it appeared to improve the selection process. I apologize for starting a separate thread. They finally took someone I liked. Stills is one of those legacy players I favor. He’s just a rotational DL, but he can play in or out. He has a great motor but can get discouraged by double teams. He’s surprisingly fast and could easily become a special teams demon. He leaves it all on the field, a great character guy. More later.
I agree liked it at the time & still do.
Let’s just say this he’s better than Foku & Lawrence right now. He gives the Cards a guy who can add some pass rush & stop the run. If the DC & Dline coach can mold this kid & motivate him we might have something.

He’s an upgrade on one of the worst Dlines in the NFL

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s just say this he’s better than Foku & Lawrence right now. He gives the Cards a guy who can add some pass rush & stop the run. If the DC & Dline coach can mold this kid & motivate him we might have something.

No doubt an upgrade to what we have….

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s 30lbs lighter than them. Different type of player right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And they damn well better be drafting Dlineman in the 285-310 range who offer more athleticism, twitchy & pass rush skills to run JGs defense successfully. Exactly what I said in another post.
The problem is that DL talent was way down in this draft.

I said it all offseason, if you really wanted a quality DL, you had to take one early day two. By the time the Cardinals pick came up in round 3, the best were completely wrong.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Thanks for your insight. I love this pick. Not so much the rest of day 3. Stills is the kind of guy that will help the new regime set a positive vibe going forward. Normally a late 6 would be dubious of making the roster. Stills should be a day one contributor.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem is that DL talent was way down in this draft.

I said it all offseason, if you really wanted a quality DL, you had to take one early day two. By the time the Cardinals pick came up in round 3, the best were completely wrong.
Agree with this. Not much at the DT position this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look at how the Rams grabbed a DT that most evaluators pegged as around the 200th prospect with a pick in the 80s. When value is that bad, you're better off just signing a vet and waiting for the next draft.
In another thread you just stated that those evaluators were all all amateurs and that the teams have a lot more information than we do. But not the rams. Got it.

:wave:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
In another thread you just stated that those evaluators were all all amateurs and that the teams have a lot more information than we do. But not the rams. Got it.

:wave:
The point was they took a guy with a late day three grade from most way earlier because the relative dearth of DL talent. Why be a snarky...?

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Ah Snarky Puppy...my favorite band on the planet right now...

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave