2023 Draft Day 3 thread rds 4-7

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back and read bro there we several posters claiming we needed to draft a center and Wypler was also in there along with the Schmitz’s saying “we need to grab him” or one of them…. As early as round 2… May not have been you ok great doesn’t negate the point.
So what…Can’t have an opinion on a pick?.. Have to call out posters if that pick didn’t happen?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Dad is a scout for them. Was pretty much a lock considering the nepotism that runs in the league.

Jerry about to draft his grandson in a couple of years.

With that said, Deuce was a good player in college.
Btw JJ ain’t running those draft’s anymore it’s Will McClay & exactly why they’ve been drafting well for years now. I wanted him as our GM

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what…Can’t have an opinion on a pick?.. Have to call out posters if that pick didn’t happen?
Yea when it was clearly so far off base considering where the entire league felt the guy was taken was much more appropriate. Too many people zone in on the position of need and and go half cocked saying we must draft said player now just because he’s a C! Then start bashing the team for not taking them because THEY wanted them. Based how this draft fell and how the rest of the NFL didn’t draft him either till many rounds later. It seems to me it would have been just as ignorant to draft him that high as it is to bash the team for not taking him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When the guy we wanted in round 3 is still there in round 6 maybe we should just all accept that generally we don't know much about drafting football players.
Fans and draftniks aren't the same as NFL scouting departments. We don't see the interviews, the workouts, etc that teams see.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yea when it was clearly so far off base considering where the entire league felt the guy was taken was much more appropriate. Too many people zone in on the position of need and and go half cocked saying we must draft said player now just because he’s a C! Then start bashing the team for not taking them because THEY wanted them. Based how this draft fell and how the rest of the NFL didn’t draft him either till many rounds later. It seems to me it would have been just as ignorant to draft him that high as it is to bash the team for not taking him.
And all of these "rankings" are fan created. Those aren't NFL team boards. Remember that TE the Cardinals drafted years ago and a draft picture of the Cowboys board showed him as a 2nd round prospect and the Cardinals got him in the 7th round? There is a massive amount of difference between what fans think and what teams think.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Btw JJ ain’t running those draft’s anymore it’s Will McClay & exactly why they’ve been drafting well for years now. I wanted him as our GM
I live in DFW I know McClay is the GM. They still miss on some picks. Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt...

Don't really believe in their 1st round pick this year either

if you think JJ doesn't still have any influence on some picks...

I've got some ocean front property to sell you in Glendale...

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are calling out posters for their opinion after what they wanted didn’t happen? You knew Wypler wouldn’t get picked till late? I am looking at a publication that has three centers with second round grades. Another that has Wypler with a third ground grade. Posters thought the Cardinals liked Wypler. This is how many opinions are formed. I still wish we picked Stromberg in the third instead of a corner. All opinions that will be proven right or wrong in years to come.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dad is a scout for them. Was pretty much a lock considering the nepotism that runs in the league.

Jerry about to draft his grandson in a couple of years.

With that said, Deuce was a good player in college.
Deuce is 5'5 Christian McCaffery. I will shocked if he doesn't have a good career. I feel like the prospects that were fantastic in college but are undersize seem to hit a lot more than the guys that have the measurements but sucked.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You are calling out posters for their opinion after what they wanted didn’t happen? You knew Wypler wouldn’t get picked till late? I am looking at a publication that has three centers with second round grades. Another that has Wypler with a third ground grade. Posters thought the Cardinals liked Wypler. This is how many opinions are formed. I still wish we picked Stromberg in the third instead of a corner. All opinions that will be proven right or wrong in years to come.
Corners>>>>Centers

And I'd wager that the Cardinals are looking at smart, super athletic Jon Gaines and saying "Hmm....this dude has played center before...he's a sick athlete...he can do it again."

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Corners>>>>Centers

And I'd wager that the Cardinals are looking at smart, super athletic Jon Gaines and saying "Hmm....this dude has played center before...he's a sick athlete...he can do it again."
A good center is huge for the Cardinals. A top notch center added to this line is a must. Hudson was winding down here but still played well when healthy. Gaines I have no idea if that is the plan. Didn’t hear that other than posts here.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A good center is huge for the Cardinals. A top notch center added to this line is a must.
But to get a "top notch center", the Cardinals would have had to use a 2nd round pick on one.

BJ Ojulari could be >>>>>>>>>>more impactful than a "top notch center"

Passrushers are worth more than centers. Centers are good players to have, but you can get by with an average one. It's hard to win with no pass rush.
Hudson was winding down here but still played well when healthy. Gaines I have no idea if that is the plan. Didn’t hear that other than posts here.
It's a bit of a projection to say Gaines will move to center, but it makes sense.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But to get a "top notch center", the Cardinals would have had to use a 2nd round pick on one.

BJ Ojulari could be >>>>>>>>>>more impactful than a "top notch center"

Passrushers are worth more than centers. Centers are good players to have, but you can get by with an average one. It's hard to win with no pass rush.

It's a bit of a projection to say Gaines will move to center, but it makes sense.
Who is our average center? Gaines?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I live in DFW I know McClay is the GM. They still miss on some picks. Taco Charlton instead of TJ Watt...

Don't really believe in their 1st round pick this year either

if you think JJ doesn't still have any influence on some picks...

I've got some ocean front property to sell you in Glendale...
They have killed the draft every since McClay has come on board. Taco Charlton is one of the very few they've missed in the first round in several years. last year's pick Tyler smith was very unpopular and yet he already replaced Tyron smith at Left Tackle. I think they have done even better with McCarthy and Dan Quinn particularly in the later rounds. Nazi Smith has McCarthy written all over it. Jerry would not have picked that guy unless someone like McCarthy or Parcells were influencing him. Where Jerry and Steven have royally screwed up: mismanaging the salary cap and in prior years trading away multiple first round picks for Roy Williams(wide receiver) and Joey Galloway.