The Clear Focus

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
The clear focus in free agency, and now the draft, appears to be adding guys with good work ethic, motor, leaders and make up.

Not going to pretend I have any real takes on the dudes we drafted, but the above seems pretty clear to me. Not sure thats the way I would have gone in my first offseason, but I do think it is clear they want dudes they trust and who work hard.

Guess you can call it raising the floor, which is fine, but was hoping for more.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
To me the clear focus is making sure we are a lock to get the 1st pick in next year's draft. Marvin Harrison, Jr. come on down!

Followed by the Cardinals also making the 2nd pick. However, following last year's script, the Cards trade out of #2 for their usual boat load of picks, including a #1 in 2025.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The clear focus in free agency, and now the draft, appears to be adding guys with good work ethic, motor, leaders and make up.

Not going to pretend I have any real takes on the dudes we drafted, but the above seems pretty clear to me. Not sure thats the way I would have gone in my first offseason, but I do think it is clear they want dudes they trust and who work hard.

Guess you can call it raising the floor, which is fine, but was hoping for more.
I feel like I heard this every draft with keim. He loves his captains.

OP
OP
Mr. Boldin

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
I feel like I heard this every draft with keim. He loves his captains.
Yeah that was basically the only narrative other than "we got our guy!"

Like PJJ and I'm fine with BJ. No clue about the rest. But it just feels even the FA signings align with that. Basically a purge to make sure their systems are implemented.

Not too excited about it, as I was hoping for more premium trench players across the first 3-4 rounds.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Couple things.

Keim & Graves used to love drafting captains as well. And the word came out last week that our drafting system/strategy hasn't changed much since the 70's.

I'm done thinking our GM's or coaches are anything other than a mouthpiece for our joke of an owner.

Trust your eyes, trust your ears, the organization matters more than anything in this league and ours is a joke.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Seems to me the common thread is guys who have a high motor, high effort never quit on a play and go hard every play, not taking a play off here and there.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Seems to me the common thread is guy who have a high motor, high effort never quit on a play and go hard every play, not taking a play off here and there.
Something that jumped out at me:
All high level athletes are competetive. Its in their nature. So when they mention it specifically in a scouting report your talking about hyper competitive guys. Most of our picks fit that mold. Guys who will challenge themselves and their teammates... none of these guys seem to be the laid back "i made it" kinda players

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at what Dan Campbell is doing in Detroit and what the mentality is in Philly. It's all about being a team, nothing matters except fighting for each other and winning games.
I think Buddha wants to leave because the culture in the locker room is poor.

Several of our draftees have commented on the energy and excitement they felt when coming in for their 30 visit.

Monti and Gannon are building a new culture in Arizona and that's the theme and direction of this off-season and draft. They want fighters who hate to lose and will fight like their families lives depend on it.

We all now this year we are in a rebuild phase. Every player drafted was about the right attitude and then ability. Injuries and other flaws were not as important as getting the right mindset established on our team.

When they fix the culture this team will start winning more games even if we need a better OC or DT.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Look at what Dan Campbell is doing in Detroit and what the mentality is in Philly. It's all about being a team, nothing matters except fighting for each other and winning games.
I think Buddha wants to leave because the culture in the locker room is poor.

Several of our draftees have commented on the energy and excitement they felt when coming in for their 30 visit.

Monti and Gannon are building a new culture in Arizona and that's the theme and direction of this off-season and draft. They want fighters who hate to lose and will fight like their families lives depend on it.

We all now this year we are in a rebuild phase. Every player drafted was about the right attitude and then ability. Injuries and other flaws were not as important as getting the right mindset established on our team.

When they fix the culture this team will start winning more games even if we need a better OC or DT.
Budda wants to leave over money

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
To me the clear focus is making sure we are a lock to get the 1st pick in next year's draft. Marvin Harrison, Jr. come on down!

Followed by the Cardinals also making the 2nd pick. However, following last year's script, the Cards trade out of #2 for their usual boat load of picks, including a #1 in 2025.
Reverend!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA