2023 4th round pick #122 is Jon Gaines II G

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Mediocre player with poor balance. He’s chiefly a drive blocker in the run game. I don’t see any center potential. He’s smart enough to know proper positioning and technique, but doesn’t display them. I can only conclude he just doesn’t care. I’m sorry to say it but since round 1 this draft makes to sense to me.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Does say he started a few games at center while at UCLA. So there is some experince there at the position.

Granted I haven't scouted all the players in the draft and think he would've been available later. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Still 4 more picks left.
Like as a UDFA

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love how the same people on this board after every pick or trade let it be known they don't like what the Cards did. No on this board has watched all these young men play a lot. It makes me laugh because I know what the reaction will be before reading the thread. No one knows how these draft picks or trades will pan out, but I like what the Cardinals are trying to do.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Mediocre player with poor balance. He’s chiefly a drive blocker in the run game. I don’t see any center potential. He’s smart enough to know proper positioning and technique, but doesn’t display them. I can only conclude he just doesn’t care. I’m sorry to say it but since round 1 this draft makes to sense to me.
This is kind of where I am also.
Imagine thinking he's slow

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I meant thinker. I should have clarified that.

He can run in a straight line fine. My issue is football intangibles.

Testing is not football unfortunately.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how the same people on this board after every pick or trade let it be known they don't like what the Cards did. No on this board has watched all these young men play a lot. It makes me laugh because I know what the reaction will be before reading the thread. No one knows how these draft picks or trades will pan out, but I like what the Cardinals are trying to do.
Agreed! The only pick I'm skeptical is the Stanford kid due to 3 straight years of missing half the season or more from injuries. Otherwise, we ha e no clue how these guy will pan out and what plan this team had going in to draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wave goodbye to Murray, though it will take 2 years. Maybe their insurance kicks in if he’s hurt again.
Maybe…MAYBE the plan is to go out and sign a free agent center like Jones.
I know. I know. I’m an idiot for thinking this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose