In Monti We Trust

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Everything needs a balance
Don't be obsessed with the searching of high character guys and team captains, talent and availability are still priorities
Right. Hearing this obsession with character and the team captain angle is directly from the Keim era. Not a good connection.

Monti had some solid trades; the last one was dumb, though. First round pick was okay. Nothing to make you go "wow" after having the #3 overall pick. Second round pick was okay, but is yet another situational pass rusher who gives little against the run. Two third round picks are very forgettable. Dumb trade out of our other 3rd rounder, choosing to pass on a better player to get more shots at less talented players. Haven't added a starting center or a single interior lineman on either side of the ball despite our claims of wanting to build from the inside out. This draft is a C- thus far.

What good is stockpiling picks if the guy making the picks isn't inspiring confidence? What "wow" pick have we made? What pick where you go, "Damn, what a good grab?" Not one. A couple head scratchers, though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I’m not bothered at all, so far. I think the last 2 picks were mostly pitched by existing scouts, who are not Monti’s guys. There will be a lot of scouting turnover after the draft. It’s pretty typical of a new regime. The 1st two picks will be day 1 starters.

I’m just impressed we’ve heard of all the schools…and nobody is severely undersized at their position. Those are both bonuses, IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In regard to the draft, I'm feeling like I got a lot to eat at the buffet, but wish I had gone for the steak instead. Only time will tell.

I like the added draft picks in the 2024 draft.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
In regard to the draft, I'm feeling like I got a lot to eat at the buffet, but wish I had gone for the steak instead. Only time will tell.

I like the added draft picks in the 2024 draft.
I'll take chicken I don't eat red meat

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I trust the veterans on this site far more than the pundits in the AI minion world.

Keep in mind only the fans have suffered this crap year after year.

It’s worth noting those minions have zero skin in the game…

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I don't watch as much college football as I used to so have seen very little of any of the guys we drafted. Youtube clips and stuff help but those are so heavily skewed one way or another it's no way to form an opinion.

Like most drafts we will know in a couple of years whether we did well or not. Any rush to judgment (good or bad) is premature.

I am just leery of drafting guys who have multiple injuries in college or weren't overly productive, only time will tell though. We do seem to have taken high character guys and athletic freaks, that is a good foundation at least.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We finally got to see the Full Monti

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I really have no complaints. I said I would give Monti a fair chance and I will stick to that. He's basically drafting with Keim's guys in place. There will be scouting turnover in the coming week, or so, and then Monti will have the chance to hire his own scouts and fully implement his own system. This is why they are planning for 2024 to be a jumping off point, IMO.