2023 3rd round pick #94 is Michael Wilson WR

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No it isn’t. He is an outside receiver with skills. At the end of the third he is well worth the gamble as he could legit replace hop if he fulfills his potential.

Sometimes availability is the best ability. 14 games in 3 years is questionable.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wilson had the most bench reps among WRs at the combine. I don’t see him being a star or anything, maybe his ceiling is a #3? But he has value as a possession receiver, blocking WR, and could be a special teams gunner. All that is IF he stays healthy.
Combine his upper body and Ronald Moore’s lower body and you get Dorian Yates in a full body cast.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seems like we got (that we've seen) well-adjusted, heady players fwiw.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if we line him up at outside te in a 2 TE on one side set.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wilson was the #4 rated WR on Chris Simms list.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wilson was the #4 rated WR on Chris Simms list.

This makes me like him less. LOL

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wilson is slow. He will mostly be a possession receiver. His injury history is a concern for working in the middle. Deep throws are a problem as he’s not good at tracking over the shoulder throws. He struggled to get free when pressed. I do not like this pick.
Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40 at the combine, and fell to the middle of the 1st as a result, despite his monster college numbers. If you saw him in his prime, you saw a guy who consistently got separation, despite what a stopwatch said about his speed. He PLAYED FAST. According to Nagy, Wilson also "plays fast". Intriguing pick for sure.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting video from Chris sims, he rated Wilson as the 4th best receiver and expected him to be drafted in the 2nd round.

apparently his other injury was a jones fracture in his foot, then he reinjured it the next year.

if the cards thing that has healed well, I don’t think there is any reason to think he is likely to get injured Again,

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Interesting video from Chris sims, he rated Wilson as the 4th best receiver and expected him to be drafted in the 2nd round.

apparently his other injury was a jones fracture in his foot, then he reinjured it the next year.

if the cards thing that has healed well, I don’t think there is any reason to think he is likely to get injured Again,
This is the guy that rated Will Anderson the fifth best Edge. He just likes hot takes that get him noticed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like Wilson but we took him too early. He's the kind of WR the 49ers get he's a really good blocker, good after the catch and he plays really hard. I know he had a foot injury that caused him to miss a bunch of games, you have to be concerned about that.

Harry is right he's not fast but I wouldn't say he's slow, he plays faster than he runs in the 40. He's a very competitive kid I guess with multiple picks they decided to take a chance I didn't expect him to go this high.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40 at the combine, and fell to the middle of the 1st as a result, despite his monster college numbers. If you saw him in his prime, you saw a guy who consistently got separation, despite what a stopwatch said about his speed. He PLAYED FAST. According to Nagy, Wilson also "plays fast". Intriguing pick for sure.

Well, he shows the ability there, in practice, to beat and seal outside alignment on a smaller corner.

But it's not his fault that's what they chose to demonstrate it.

Plays fast means he wins matchups

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess most of the scouting reports say lots of teams liked him because he's so competitive he can play ST and he's a terrific blocker. Read that the Pats really liked him.

So he's completely different than any WR we have he's not a small fast guy like Hollywood or Rondale and he's a willing blocker unlike those 2 or D Hop.

But probably a round early given injury history

Cards Crazy

Rookie
Reaction score

I can remember a certain reciever also ran like a 4.6 or so at the combine slid to us in round 2 his last name was Boldin I think he turmed out pretty good also

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can remember a certain reciever also ran like a 4.6 or so at the combine slid to us in round 2 his last name was Boldin I think he turmed out pretty good also
Yeah...but Q played with a broken face.
This kid sat out a season for a collarbone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the worst hit save ever seen. You really don't need your face to reach up and catch them all though. If he's anything approaching Boldin he's a great pick.
You guys ever break your jaw and have your mouth wired shut like Boldin did?

I have (man… I have had a lot gnarly surgeries in my life). The fact that he was even running a week after that kind of surgery was a miracle, much less putting himself out there to get hammered.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Older, battled injuries, limited production, lacks speed. There just seems to be too many cons for a third round pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave