(Poll) Rate Day 2 of the Cardinals’ Draft

How would you rate the Cardinals’ selections in Rounds 2 and 3?

• A

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • B

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • C

Votes: 45 41.7%
  • D

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • F

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Given who was on the board when we picked and traded, ending up with Ojulari, Williams and Wilson us a huge disappointment for me. I don’t hate any of the players, but two injury red flags and opportunities lost for players I feel are more impactful. The extra picks are the only things that give me much solace about tonight. I feel like yesterday we maximize opportunities, but today we missed opportunities.

I hope they all prove me very wrong!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
D
Guy with injury
Guy with an injury history

I see the talent (and recent riser come up with potential), but we passed on some good needs for them.

We added three magic beans for tomorrow by removing one of tonight's.

Wypler is still out there.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I gave today a C...

Because we have no enter

The picks are okay. The ACL for the CB aint a big concern... the WR is 2 years removed from his foot... collarbones can come back, but a good set of pads and smart play can help avoid it.
If those 2 guys pan out the draft has been stellar...assuming we get a starting _enter tomorrow

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
D for me. Picking injury prone players in round three when you have a roster considered to be one of the worst in the league doesn’t cut it.

Agreed. I am quite disappointed and a bit surprised at all three picks today

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Ojulari, but I'm not really a fan of the other moves today. It's crazy that we had 5 picks in the first 2 days of the draft and didn't add an interior linemen on either side of the ball. I also think the value on the trades today was a little lacking.

Also, we now officially aren't getting at least a 3rd in this year's draft for Hopkins. That is disappointing when Monti was rumored to be asking for a 2nd and a player a couple months ago.

Last edited:

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I find the whole off season to be very disappointing. I really don't like any of the draft choices. We needed a #1 CB, a starting LG and OC, and help all along the DL. We filled none of these. Maybe Johnson will play LG but I don't like drafting a G at #6. i would rather had Wilson or Gonzales. Of course we could have had Gonzales at #12.

Ojulari upside is as a situational pass rusher. We could have stayed at #33 and taken Steve Avila or taken Joe Tipmann at #41.

The third-round picks are just wasted picks. They have very little change of contributing. Of course, it is difficult to get a good player at the end of the third round. I like the player the Eagles selected Tyler Steen with our third round pick. He played tackle in college but is projected to be a G.

My only hope is that in 2024 we get the #1 and #2 picks and we can trade down for a ton of picks and can make the best turn around in NFL history. This year is a complete waste.

Reaction score
Started off strongly with the trade back and still getting Olujari who some mocks had going late first round. Then, tailed off.

Picking Wilson with a history of injury concerns over Stromberg is the biggest question mark for me.

Taking the trades into account, I’d probably go B-/C+

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I see already, what I believe a lot of you will probably be saying in a few years, like in the past. I think in terms of who we could have had instead of who we took at some spots. I don't feel any of our picks are bad players, time will tell. But if we played it differently, there were better and much higher ranked ones we could have had instead. I won't harp on it any more, for I have said it before in other places. But I will use this as one example:

We started the day with #33 and 3 third rounders, two of which we traded to move down, not up. Thursday night I mentioned that we could have most likely paired our #33 with #96, which we traded Friday anyway, moved up to around #28-30 and taken Nolan Smith, instead of settling for Ojulari at #41. By McShay's ranking, we took the 46th ranked player over the 16th ranked player.

We could have done the exact same thing near the end of R2, and gotten DJ Turner (ranked 56 overall), instead of Garrett Williams (ranked 145). Or even gotten Torrence or Schmitz instead of Turner.

To me, the Cards whole draft was consistent in that kind of strategy, trading higher ranked players for a higher number of lesser ranked ones. Is that how to build a winning team and change a culture? You tell me!

What do I know? It is just not the way I would go about it.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was an easy A.

Ojulari, Williams and Wilson are all really good football players and I think all are great value.

Wilson was many fans day 2 WR pick in mock drafts. Good size and speed, superb route running. Great run blocker too. The injury history was a concern for sure but my understanding is they weren't repeated and we're not ligament issues.

If you told me yesterday we would come out of day 2 with these 3 guys, an extra 2024 3rd and 3 extra day 3 picks I'd have called you a fantasist.

This was a AAA+++ day.

Still plenty of centers on the board including Wypler.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Excellent job with trades and the second round pick. I do like the Syracuse CB. Very skeptical about the injury history of the Stanford WR. Overall B which would have been an A if the OSU C had been drafted instead of Wilson.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The picks are a C+ but the trades make it a B+
Disagree that the trades make it a B+ because we had a good trade and a really dumb trade. Sometimes getting more picks later isn't as smart as just actually getting the better talent. So the bad trade and good trade wash for me into a C. We had one okay pick and 2 poor ones too, IMO. I think a C is kind for day 2.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This was an easy A.

Ojulari, Williams and Wilson are all really good football players and I think all are great value.

Wilson was many fans day 2 WR pick in mock drafts. Good size and speed, superb route running. Great run blocker too. The injury history was a concern for sure but my understanding is they weren't repeated and we're not ligament issues.

If you told me yesterday we would come out of day 2 with these 3 guys, an extra 2024 3rd and 3 extra day 3 picks I'd have called you a fantasist.

This was a AAA+++ day.

Still plenty of centers on the board including Wypler.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Wypler and...oh, sure, there are probably dozens of draft eligible centers on the board. Good centers, centers who can start right away? Not so much. And even Wypler is at the bottom of the "good enough to start" centers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave