What I’d Love to See Today

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess it just depends on what we get for the trade down. At some point, you just take the best talent. Which is where I was leaning with pick #3. However, I do like the picks we got in the trade
I'll admit, I don't know much about Porter but he seems to be the consensus top defensive player which many had as a first round talent.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guess it just depends on what we get for the trade down. At some point, you just take the best talent. Which is where I was leaning with pick #3. However, I do like the picks we got in the trade
I'll admit, I don't know much about Porter but he seems to be the consensus top defensive player which many had as a first round talent.
Where I feel you are missing on Porter is his lack of production at CB. In round 2 that is a separator and an issue.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which 30 teams passed on.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
FWIW - ESPN has a rd 2 mock up and has Porter going #32, us taking Benton at #33, and Schmitz lasting all the way until #57.

Benton is solid. Definitely wouldn’t hate the pick, but wouldn’t be my choice at 33.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
FWIW - ESPN has a rd 2 mock up and has Porter going #32, us taking Benton at #33, and Schmitz lasting all the way until #57.
fwiw: ESPN has Tippman/ Wisc as their top rated center, maybe 10 spots higher than JM Schmitz

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Actually I would take Mayer then trade up one of the thirds for Schmitz. Then I would go down in Asfn folklore for being a genius.

it would be an interesting move to take Mayer -- you would line up in 12 personnel lots with Mayer and McBride being kinda old school TEs who block first but also catch

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson