2023 Draft Day 2 thread rds 2 and 3

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Imagine if the Cards had a top 3 pick, or even 2 top 3 picks, and the absolute haul they could get for both with the QB's available.
Next year is when we get our elite WR and defensive line guys. Should be a better draft for both.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nick Herbig reminds me of Haason Reddick. I think he'd be a steal.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Swift coming out. I don’t think he’s worth a 3rd rounder, and we don’t have a 4th or 5th, but that could change.
Let’s get crazy. How about Swift and a 4th for Hopkins?
Swift is totally expendable. He’s often injured. They have a Wr suspended for 1/2 the season. It also seems we have a repport with the Lions.
Swift would be a nice compliment to Connor. But can he stay healthy?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked Swift coming out. I don’t think he’s worth a 3rd rounder, and we don’t have a 4th or 5th, but that could change.
I think he's worth a 3rd. But I'm not really familiar with what running backs might be available in the 3rd, obviously you would prefer a rookie if you can get one that might turn out comparable.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I mean, can't blame him after last night. Was he the only one left that showed up and wasn't drafted?
Can't blame him, but I wonder if that's a sign they think he doesn't go today?

I mean, it would be a boss move to go there and shake it off. We've seen it before. But won't knock him.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, but including here too. Mock away!

Fanspeak's mock draft simulator basically does the first round in order and let's you simulate the rest today. This is obviously influenced by the big board that you choose, but here's how I drafted for the Cards (Mayer went #32):

1682710408230.png

I don't think most of those guys will actually be available where I selected them in this mock, but you never know!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I mean, can't blame him after last night. Was he the only one left that showed up and wasn't drafted?
No...but they also started inviting guys who may not be 1st rounders, a few years ago, for that very reason. They want the room to have guys in it today, too.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Eh, I mean it's not the end of the world. It sucks, but I'm sure he will get picked today. He already came out here. What's he gunna do, sulk in his hotel room?

Pretty lacking for his minor test vs adversity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Although it would be ironic if he goes first today, but there are probably no guarantees, so likely a smart move.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Big talent drop between pick #33 and pick #81, HUGE

I'm thinking Monti gets his desired top tier Center with our 33rd pick or trades back slightly yet again if he thinks the Center(s) will still be around

I'll tell you what tho - if he does go quality O-line (again) with our next pick - this may be the beginning of a beautiful relationship