Hopkins not going anywhere?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Monti Could probably rework Hopkins contract, to convert his salary this year to bonus and make it guaranteed, then tear up the last year.

Sure, but his salary is guaranteed as of game #1 of the season.

A simple salary restructure now gives the CARDS $9.1m in Cap room.

IMO - this has limited appeal to DHop.

However, guaranteeing his salary in 2024 and a few bells and whistles could appeal.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sure, but his salary is guaranteed as of game #1 of the season.

A simple salary restructure now gives the CARDS $9.1m in Cap room.

IMO - this has limited appeal to DHop.

However, guaranteeing his salary in 2024 and a few bells and whistles could appeal.
Yes his salary may be guaranteed as of game one, but he still has to wait for those game paychecks to come in. A huge bell and whistle to add is to convert it to bonus, so it's paid out in one lump sum immediately.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes his salary may be guaranteed as of game one, but he still has to wait for those game paychecks to come in. A huge bell and whistle to add is to convert it to bonus, so it's paid out in one lump sum immediately.

I don't think there's much of an issue here.

CARDS may do it during regular business as they could use the Cap space.

You want to appeal to Dhop... deal with 2024.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whatever Monti said last night, or whatever he may say today, it’s a smokescreen for what‘s to come. Whether it’s today, tomorrow, or during the season, the Cardinals will eventually trade Hop. As someone has already said, Hop isn’t a guy that wants to practice. And that will NEVER fly with Gannon as he attempts to change the culture here. Yes, Hop was great, and Hop is still very good, but he’s a poison for what Gannon wants to accomplish.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever Monti said last night, or whatever he may say today, it’s a smokescreen for what‘s to come. Whether it’s today, tomorrow, or during the season, the Cardinals will eventually trade Hop. As someone has already said, Hop isn’t a guy that wants to practice. And that will NEVER fly with Gannon as he attempts to change the culture here. Yes, Hop was great, and Hop is still very good, but he’s a poison for what Gannon wants to accomplish.
This is what I believe also

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Moreover dHop doesn't want to play for the Cardinals anymore

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Do you have (ONE) actual report that Dhop doesn't do his reps at practice?

Not loving practice is something 99% of athletes share.

It's a chore you go through to do what you love. Playing the game.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Age, injuries, PED suspension, $$$$ are, probably, the issues on trading DHop. Alleged practice inadequacies and effort are, probably, less of an issue, if they're an issue at all. If the $$$$ weren't what they are, he'd already be gone.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he's getting traded eventually. And, more than likely, the Cards will be eating some of his $$$$.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Age, injuries, PED suspension, $$$$ are, probably, the issues on trading DHop. Alleged practice inadequacies and effort are, probably, less of an issue, if they're an issue at all. If the $$$$ weren't what they are, he'd already be gone.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he's getting traded eventually. And, more than likely, the Cards will be eating some of his $$$$.
Plus other teams don’t have the cap room for him and want us to eat some of his salary, which we don’t want to do.

Reactions: TRW

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose