Who in 2

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Harry, feels like the staff wants to focus on premium players on the dline. Who you taking, if that's true, with our 2nd and if we move back 5-10 slots? Still White? Who are the other options?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I just checked a draft trade calculator, and this one lines up in terms of pick value and makes sense for both teams.

TEN gets 33 and 95
AZ gets 41 and 72

We slide down and still have a lot of options, and 72 bridges the large gap we have between picks in rd 2 and 3 in case someone we like falls a bit.

TEN trades up for their QB.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked a draft trade calculator, and this one lines up in terms of pick value and makes sense for both teams.

TEN gets 33 and 95
AZ gets 41 and 72

We slide down and still have a lot of options, and 72 bridges the large gap we have between picks in rd 2 and 3 in case someone we like falls a bit.

I say there is a premium for a QB trade up. Tennessee needs one badly. I say we keep 95 :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TEN gets 33 and 95
AZ gets 41 and 72

THIS would be awesome!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say there is a premium for a QB trade up. Tennessee needs one badly. I say we keep 95 :)

I'd be surprised if the Titans go QB.

They should learn the lesson from last year in taking a Day 2 QB that fell beyond expected.

They can't get out of Tannehill. They would be better served waiting until next year.

I think Seahawks for Hooker is a potential option. Maybe Bucs trade up for either too.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
33 for 37 and 123 would likely be the trade with Seattle. They don’t have a 3rd round pick and the point value is pretty much identical.

I don’t like trading with a division rival though, especially so they can get a QB.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’d start by not offering it, but TEN doesn’t have a 4th round pick, so if they traded 41 and 72 for 33, then they wouldn’t have a pick between 33 and 147. That’s why I think they’d insist we kick in 95.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you go center? It's been a problem position pretty much since I've been a Cards fan. When Sendlein has been by far your best center since before '88, ya got problems at the position.
I'd probably wait on center because
1) center does have a fairly high bust rate. It's just a really hard position to project.
2) there is a lot of depth. Scouts even think Chandler Zavala could shift to center. That's a guy to keep your eye on. He's a beast.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

TEN gets 33 and 95
AZ gets 41 and 72

Why wouldn't Tenn make an offer to Pitt?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tons of talent left. Since it seems the Cards are thinking 2 year rebuild, they could take a talent that needs some seasoning. A guy like Keion White fits that. If they do go center, which I wouldn’t, hopefully they take Schmitz or Tippmann. Of course thinking 2 years Wypler would be in play. I wouldn’t take Porter. He’s not the ballhawk the Cards need. Likely goes to Steelers anyway. If they are considering trading Baker, Branch checks quite a few boxes. He’s dropping for some unknown reason, but Ika is still there. The Cards might be thinking round 3 if they get lucky. A long shot could be DJ Turner. With so many options on the board, they might trade down a little especially if they could get another third.
Branch would be a great pick if they had a spot available at S.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
first choice; trade down
second choice: John Michael Schmitz (pure center and probably the best of the class)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've been pimping Schmitz as the Cardinals pick at #34 for the last 3 months. Would be so stoked if they moved back a few spots from #33 and still are able to land him.
Schmitz or Tippmann. Tippmann isn't as technically sound but he's even more of a physical force.
The thought of Hernandez, Schmitz and Johnson lined up in the middle would be a physical force to reckon with! Especially with the Cardinals wanting to be more of a ball control offense that uses the RB more.

Then snag a RB with one of their 3rd rounders to complement Conner and the offense is pretty set.
I agree RB should be a focus somewhere in round three.

DeWayne McBride is my guy. I think he's a future featured back if he can pick up pass pro. Violent runner who reads blocks and doesn't go down.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Schmitz or Tippmann. Tippmann isn't as technically sound but he's even more of a physical force.

I agree RB should be a focus somewhere in round three.

DeWayne McBride is my guy. I think he's a future featured back if he can pick up pass pro. Violent runner who reads blocks and doesn't go down.
Agree, there are some fast RBs we could get in rd 3 that would be a good complement to Conner next year (and we’ll see after that). Sean Turner can fly, and Tyjai Spears is super shifty. I like Deuce Vaughn too, but the small size makes him a bigger risk.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He could play nickel right? Kinda like Badger?

We have zero depth at safety too.
He could but he has looked rough on the outside so I think he more limited than a player like Byron Murphy even if he is a better prospect overall. If the Cardinals have intentions of trading Budda this year or next, Branch would be a interesting pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A lot of people see Branch as a slot corner at the next level
He is very good playing inside. Not good at all outside. Avonte Maddox only played 41% of snaps as the Eagles slot CB last year which is not what you want from the second pick in the second round long term.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree, there are some fast RBs we could get in rd 3 that would be a good complement to Conner next year (and we’ll see after that). Sean Turner can fly, and Tyjai Spears is super shifty. I like Deuce Vaughn too, but the small size makes him a bigger risk.
Personally, I don't like banking on speed backs earlier in the draft. Give me a guy who will get you six yards when two are blocked.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave