2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Reaction score
Tempering nonsence aside (yes, easier said than done).... I like the moves made last night.

With Levis on the board I wonder if someone will try and leapfrog the Lions to select him?

If we stay put, I'd like to see us targetting Joey Porter Jr. (I think the Steelers take him though) or Tipperman/Schmitz. I'm not sure we'll double down on OL when there are so many glaring needs. Perhaps White or Ojulari.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man the negativity on the first page of this thread is a little embarrassing tbh.

They got a 1st and 3rd next year, and the Texans 1st and 3rd which are going to be pretty high, for essentially moving back 3 spots.

For a guy they love that was going to be gone by #12 that builds the trenches. Which is what we all agree they should do. And there are still a tonne of great players on the board. Although I'm fully expecting another trade back.

The tampering this was BS though. Also I hate the Eagles.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There are tonnes of things we don't know about prospects. How can the Org turn down a guy of this character, of this talent that WANTS to be a Cardinal? It was a no brainer for the team. I can absolutely see why they drafted him.
Me too. I’m pumped about this one. I think Monti played this perfectly -
compare what we gave the Lions for 6 vs what we got for 3... we did great value wise AND got the player we seemingly wanted all along.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me too. I’m pumped about this one. I think Monti played this perfectly -
compare what we gave the Lions for 6 vs what we got for 3... we did great value wise AND got the player we seemingly wanted all along.

Yup. Had Stroud been at 3 we would have got much more, but nobody is trading that much to come up for a defensive player. I thought it worked out great and next year when we have 2 top 15 picks we will be loving it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not going to lie I thought they were going to trade up for Tyree WIlson and I had my head in my hands. Paris was a huge relief. Happy with the pick and the extra picks we got.

The tampering thing was a huge bummer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not going to lie I thought they were going to trade up for Tyree WIlson and I had my head in my hands. Paris was a huge relief. Happy with the pick and the extra picks we got.

The tampering thing was a huge bummer.
This. So much all of this. I was so sure it was Carter or Wilson and I would have gone ballistic. While I didn't love the pick, I was okay with it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This. So much all of this. I was so sure it was Carter or Wilson and I would have gone ballistic. While I didn't love the pick, I was okay with it.

I didn't do a whole lot of Paris Johnson research. Well not as much as the defensive guys anyway.

Plus I think most of us find O line an "unsexy" pick. Like dentistry, we all know it's crucial but we don't really want to pay much attention to it.

I said the other day I can see why they would have him number one if they are switching to a wide zone run scheme like the Brown's. He's a mean run blocker that's great in space. That has played Guard and tackle which I think is also crucial for us. For all the Skoronski talk he never played anything but LT.

Happy with the pick. We have complained for years about lack of focus on the O line and trenches in general. Would not surprise me if we go trenches again. Washington at TE is a great blocker. Adebawore is still on the board at DT/DE. Foskey, Schmitz, Tippman, Benton, Ojulari, White, Avila, Dawand Jones. Lot's of options there.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Top 10 is a lock IMO.

I think we are looking at two potential top 5 picks.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Top 10 is a lock IMO.

I think we are looking at two potential top 5 picks.

You must be registered for see images attach

The two teams with the worst SB odds next year are Texans and Cards.

Of course, it's us. Texans are going to surprise everyone and make the playoffs.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He won’t be a free agent until 2025.
This is the only thing I can criticize about this pick. Where is Paris going to play?

Yes, you can play him at G but do you take a G in the top 6?
Do you play him at RT (some players struggle with switching sides)?
He seems like a natural LT but we have a guy locked down until 2025 (that is very well respected in the building).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the only thing I can criticize about this pick. Where is Paris going to play?

Yes, you can play him at G but do you take a G in the top 6?
Do you play him at RT (some players struggle with switching sides)?
He seems like a natural LT but we have a guy locked down until 2025 (that is very well respected in the building).

I think you can play him at Guard. He probably will this year. And I think right tackle too. He's played on the right side at G so it shouldn't be a huge leap.

Play at LG this year while practicing at LG and RT. Move to RT next year and back to LT when Hump is done.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think you can play him at Guard. He probably will this year. And I think right tackle too. He's played on the right side at G so it shouldn't be a huge leap.

Play at LG this year while practicing at LG and RT. Move to RT next year and back to LT when Hump is done.

Tough to maximize your potential when you are learning/playing multiple positions. Especially a rookie.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One of the best trade made by tge Cardinals
Trade down three spots
Got next year 1st and third from Texans
This year third from lions
Fingers crossed, but next year's Houston pick will probably be a high #1. As will, unfortunately, be our own.