Where is the Cards’ Draft Headed

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If we trade down and pick up a bit later 2nd or earlier 3rd....

Kelee Ringo

and a center. Either order.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Luke Wypler looks like the best C to me. I also really like Cody Maunch at LG.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Keeanu Benton is another player to consider. This DL class is weak so you have to consider taking him in round two. Big guy with a good motor. Good run stopper with pass rush upside.
Yep. Benton, Kobie Turner & Byron Young are the best 3 interior Dlineman that I like who can add some decent pass rush.

I luv Benton & I luv O’Cyrus!!! If he’s there in 1 more pick it’s going to be really hard to pass on the former Gator. I just don’t think they can pass, thus losing out on Benton. Ugh

Buckybird

Reaction score
Btw having to swap that #66 for #94 for the tampering charge hurt big time imo. %*$#

Probably cost themselves a shot at a really quality CB in the early 3rd like Julius Bents, a good DT like Benton or talented CB like Darius Rush.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
This is a good C class. It's not a premium position. Can trade back up to get a good one. Draft the best premium position player.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This is a good C class. It's not a premium position. Can trade back up to get a good one. Draft the best premium position player.
Problem is that outside of Porter Jr (who has a very good chance of going first tomorrow), I don’t see a lot of premium talent left at the premium positions, especially if you don’t consider TE and DT as premium positions.

Getting a plug and play center who could anchor us for the next decade excites me a lot more than second tier pass rushers (e.g. White, Ojulari), corners (Stevenson, Brents, Turner, Ringo) or receivers (Hyatt, Tillman, Mingo).

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Problem is that outside of Porter Jr (who has a very good chance of going first tomorrow), I don’t see a lot of premium talent left at the premium positions, especially if you don’t consider TE and DT as premium positions.

Getting a plug and play center who could anchor us for the next decade excites me a lot more than second tier pass rushers (e.g. White, Ojulari), corners (Stevenson, Brents, Turner, Ringo) or receivers (Hyatt, Tillman, Mingo).
I'm all on-board with fixing the oline. But there are a couple of CBs and DE/OLB that would be good picks. Porter Jr, Keon White, Branch, etc.

Buckybird

Reaction score
I'm all on-board with fixing the oline. But there are a couple of CBs and DE/OLB that would be good picks. Porter Jr, Keon White, Branch, etc.
I agree, but I think it would be a major mistake to pass on the best OG in O’Cyrus Torrence at #33 if the Stealers or someone else doesn’t take him right before us.

Protect your investment in your QB & give him the best chance to succeed. O’Cyrus is probably one of the cleanest players in this draft barring injury.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I agree, but I think it would be a major mistake to pass on the best OG in O’Cyrus Torrence at #33 if the Stealers or someone else doesn’t take him right before us.

Protect your investment in your QB & give him the best chance to succeed. O’Cyrus is probably one of the cleanest players in this draft barring injury.
can he play center??

I mean hell, grab him at 33 and a center with the next pick. fine with me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’ve made it clear the O-line Murray never had will be built. Taking a center is a lock. However, I like Schmitz, but there are other quality options. Several evaluators preferred Tippman who is nearly as good now with perhaps a bigger upside. Wypler is a little raw, but the Cards like him and again he brings perhaps the biggest upside. This is the deepest center class in many years. Stromberg, Scruggs and Oluwatimi all project to be first year starters at some point. Schmitz likely will be best at directing blocking and picking up stunts & blitzes. Tippmann has unreal power and understands leverage. All this means is while the Cards will take a center, they may not do so with their next pick. It all depends who else is available, especially at 34.

The odds of a none 1st round center being good in their first year is low. I think only 2 in the last 10 years have had good rookie seasons.

I think they trade back again for more picks. There are going to be centres further back the way this draft has played out. Or they just go straight up for Schmidtz or Avila who are the only guys with a shot at being decent in year 1.

Which teams need C as a high priority though? Not many.

Steelers if they want to move on from Cole but I can't see Porter getting past them.

Broncos but they don't pick until #67

Giants but they don't pick until #57

Bears at #53 and #61.

Panthers are the biggest threat at #39.

I think we can easily trade back and pick up center later.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Reaction score
can he play center??

I mean hell, grab him at 33 and a center with the next pick. fine with me.
They’re a quality centers in round 3 & beyond. Imo O’Cyrus is a big time guard & when’s the last time the Cards have had one of those? He’s plain a%# nasty.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They’re a quality centers in round 3 & beyond. Imo O’Cyrus is a big time guard & when’s the last time the Cards have had one of those? He’s plain a%# nasty.

I don't see them going OL again other than C.

Next pick will be defensive I think although I would not be surprised to see they go for Darnell Washington at TE just due to his size and blocking ability (which we don't have at TE).

Reaction score
If Porter goes to the Steelers - which I think is likely - I'm hoping someone trades up to leapfrog the Lions for Levis - the Titans or Raiders perhaps? and we're able to pick up an extra pick and still target one of the top centres.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Porter goes to the Steelers - which I think is likely - I'm hoping someone trades up to leapfrog the Lions for Levis - the Titans or Raiders perhaps? and we're able to pick up an extra pick and still target one of the top centres.

I think Hooker more likely at this point TBH.

I don't think the meathead frat bro vibe is playing well for a QB.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't think we take a Center at the top of round 2 but would be happy if we did.

We have 3 3rd round picks and maybe another pick for Dhop (if that happens) - I would imagine we would go C with one of them.

We need DL and CB - there are a couple of very interesting prospects we could take.

Depending on where Paris will play (RT?) - we might need a G as well.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He can play center, but he’s not as polished there as he is at guard. If I want a center I’d go elsewhere. 33 is too early for Wypler as this is a deep pool.
Hopefully they trade back and pick up a 4th.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He can play center, but he’s not as polished there as he is at guard. If I want a center I’d go elsewhere. 33 is too early for Wypler as this is a deep pool.
I agree with Brit, if the go O-line, they take a center. Still Torrence is tempting.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I want Schmitz or Porter Jr - would be ecstatic with either one
Bingo! Since we pick second, one, at least, will be available. We have four Day Two picks and I'm hoping for a Center, a DT and two CB's. Not sure how the Draft will finish, but in all fairness Monti has gotten off to a good start in his first Draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave