Where is the Cards’ Draft Headed

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
They’ve made it clear the O-line Murray never had will be built. Taking a center is a lock. However, I like Schmitz, but there are other quality options. Several evaluators preferred Tippman who is nearly as good now with perhaps a bigger upside. Wypler is a little raw, but the Cards like him and again he brings perhaps the biggest upside. This is the deepest center class in many years. Stromberg, Scruggs and Oluwatimi all project to be first year starters at some point. Schmitz likely will be best at directing blocking and picking up stunts & blitzes. Tippmann has unreal power and understands leverage. All this means is while the Cards will take a center, they may not do so with their next pick. It all depends who else is available, especially at 34.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’ve made it clear the O-line Murray never had will be built. Taking a center is a lock. However, I like Schmitz, but there are other quality options. Several evaluators preferred Tippman who is nearly as good now with perhaps a bigger upside. Wypler is a little raw, but the Cards like him and again he brings perhaps the biggest upside. This is the deepest center class in many years. Stromberg, Scruggs and Oluwatimi all project to be first year starters at some point. Schmitz likely will be best at directing blocking and picking up stunts & blitzes. Tippmann has unreal power and understands leverage. All this means is while the Cards will take a center, they may not do so with their next pick. It all depends who else is available, especially at 34.
Let's not fool around. Take the BEST center and put this position to bed for 10 years.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
D-Hop to the Colts for their 4th(basically a late 3rd) & Center Ryan Kelly. Make it so.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We really need a young quality center that can anchor our Oline for years to come

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Would we consider the best TE with 33? I guess if we knew he was the next Kelce. lol?
I think he will go tonight, but would be an intriguing option.

Nolan Smith and Myles Murphy would be a good consolation prize for passing on Anderson if they fell.

But I’d be great with a center too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Interesting defensive names still on the board with about 7 picks left:

Nolan Smith, Edge
Myles Murphy, Edge
Joey Porter, Jr, CB
Brian Breese, DT

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a feeling it will be Nolan Smith if he's on the board.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think they have 33 now

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Let's finish off this offensive line once and for all. If we wait until the 3rd round we are not getting any of the top 3 centers.
I’m not disagreeing with you, just would be quite content with Nolan Smith of Porter Jr if they addressed defense next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA