2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
2 thoughts:

#1. Do we need a GM? Couldn't Kyler just do both jobs for what we are paying him.

#2. Monti is new at this and made the rookie blunder of falling so in love with who he wants that he panicked and paid too much for him. One of the 2 top OTs would have been there at 12. They didn't need to give up our 2nd pick. very much a blunder. We got a good player, but gave up the majority of our positional advantage of having pick 3.

If you are going to play poker with at the big table, you better have nerves of steel and not flinch.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2 thoughts:

#1. Do we need a GM? Couldn't Kyler just do both jobs for what we are paying him.

#2. Monti is new at this and made the rookie blunder of falling so in love with who he wants that he panicked and paid too much for him. One of the 2 top OTs would have been there at 12. They didn't need to give up our 2nd pick. very much a blunder.

If you are going to play poker with at the big table, you better have nerves of steel and not flinch.
We’ll Paris Johnson and Darnel Wright would have both been gone at 12…

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We were NEVER drafting Suggs after he got into trouble for alleged assaulting a guy with some rebar shortly before the draft. He shot himself in the foot.
Obviously it must have been swept under the rug because I've never read or heard anything about that and Suggs never faced any punishment in terms of jail time or suspension for it. He did drop a little though because he was suppose to be gone way before #6 and went #10 to BAL but obviously BAL made everyone regret it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Except IMO Wright is better than Johnson.

If you're looking for a LT or RT he's better than Johnson who IMO will start at guard next year and we'll hope he can transition to T later.

ESPN just said when they asked Will Anderson who was the best player he played against in college, he said the Tennessee T(Wright).
I love Wright but, no pun intended, he looks much better on the right. Johnson looks more versatile to me.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned a few days ago how there might be smoke with the talk of good defense and mediocre offense can win games.
Gannon stated many times he wouldn't have come here if Kyler wasn't the QB. Makes sense to build around him. I would love to see us get Schmitz, Wypler or Avila for our center. It would go a long way to finally soldify an offensive Line.
I'll even go as far as saying pick up RB Chase Brown and Wr Cedric Tillman. The offense would be well equiped and ready for Kyler to return.
Defense and defensive free agents the rest of the way.