Fire Monti

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should have been fired the second the phone call was made known. Not a great way to start your new job.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it that everyone wanted Will Anderson but this team has major holes created by Keim & we need picks to build this team. Edge rushers come along every year & we have a couple that showed promise late last season. A disrupting pocket pushing DT would do more for our DL imo, Jalen Carter may be there at #12? It's a crap shoot with these picks anyways.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Save exact move as the Suggs pass. What's past is proligue.
That is a idiotic comparison.

The only similarity is passing up the top edge rusher.

BUT...
- Very well compensated and now an extra 1st and 3rd next year - a draft that is expected to be more talented on non-QB

- Still got a player that was rated as high on many board at a marque position.

In short. Ossi chose one elite player at a premier position over another elite player at a premier position. And got compensated very well for doing it.

That you prefer Anderson over Johnson doesn't make it the same situation

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Boo this thread
To be fair, I was very salty after the epic eff up with the tampering. Unforgivable stupidity. Then we had the top pass rusher available and we traded back--and gave up a 4th round pick. I was not in a good place. Feeling better now :) Not about the tampering--still dumb as all get out. Monti needs to step up and own his stupidity.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, I was very salty after the epic eff up with the tampering. Unforgivable stupidity. Then we had the top pass rusher available and we traded back--and gave up a 4th round pick. I was not in a good place. Feeling better now :) Not about the tampering--still dumb as all get out. Monti needs to step up and own his stupidity.

I don't think it was stupidity. The rules are quite clear and everyone knows them. I'm willing to bet the call was necessary given the circumstances. Like "We need to make this call and make sure he's still highly interested/wants to join before we lose X guy" or something like that. A calculated risk type thing. Or maybe this was after the "I'm not going anywhere" quote and they needed to check in or talk him round?

It pissed me off for sure because it was a surprise. But having thought about it more I'm less so.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't think it was stupidity. The rules are quite clear and everyone knows them. I'm willing to bet the call was necessary given the circumstances. Like "We need to make this call and make sure he's still highly interested/wants to join before we lose X guy" or something like that. A calculated risk type thing. Or maybe this was after the "I'm not going anywhere" quote and they needed to check in or talk him round?

It pissed me off for sure because it was a surprise. But having thought about it more I'm less so.
Don't revert to the company man, dude. It was dumb, full stop. Take the win with him doing well in the first round and let's move on, please. Or, if we're not going to agree, let's drop it.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I get the tampering rules and we got caught but to think that it doesn't go on is crazy. The league put the legal free agent tampering deal in place for a reason, because everyone one was tampering illegal. Now they just start the illegal tampering earlier because we get reports of whose going where and for what as soon as the legal section starts.

I am not saying it wasn't stupid but I also think its done more than we know.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has stepped up and owned it.