2023 1st round pick is #6 Paris Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to bet he'll be starting at guard, probably RG next year.

I've said it about him all year I realize TOSU is one of those programs that are stacked but when a guy doesn't play T until his junior year in college it's generally a red flag that he's not overly athletic. I think Paris could be a good G, he MIGHT wind up a good tackle he's huge and he's strong, just doesn't strike me as athletic enough to be a LT in the NFL.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
So AZ ends up with
Paris Johnson
2 1st next year
2 3rd next year

And it's Houston's 1st. Might end up with 2 top 5 picks definitely both in the top 10 for sure

I like it. Now we need to try and get ANYTHING for Hopkins and Budda and really kick off the rebuild
I'm thinking Az has 2 picks in the top 10 of next year's draft, but it's early who knows if Ossenfort is done or not

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
per the PFF draft guide:

Where he wins: Tools

You want someone who can cut off the backside, displace a three-technique, mirror an athlete off the edge and lead out on a screen? Johnson is your man. It’s all there for him to be a high-end NFL tackle.

What’s his role: Left tackle

Sure, Johnson could flip over to right tackle, as well, but that would be three position switches in three years. He just needs the reps at this point, so keeping him on the left side would be best for his development.

What can he Improve: Hand usage

The truth is that there are a lot of areas where Johnson could stand to improve — independent hand usage being chiefly among them. That’s almost a good thing considering how well he’s performed already.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in an interview during the pick so I just caught up I hadn't realized we got an extra first rounder in this trade? Is that true I don't think it is we just got their 1st rounder this year right?

The extra first rounder is the Houston pick next year

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
So AZ ends up with
Paris Johnson
2 1st next year
2 3rd next year

And it's Houston's 1st. Might end up with 2 top 5 picks definitely both in the top 10 for sure

I like it. Now we need to try and get ANYTHING for Hopkins and Budda and really kick off the rebuild
I actually dont hate it.

We also currently have #33 and 3 late 3rd round picks if Im recalling correctly.

#33 should be a skill/priority position like CB or Edge...then I would use all 3 of those 3rds on O and D lineman

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson