Week 16 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/24/23-4/30/23

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
with Simmons not at the uniform unveiling and skipping voluntary mini camp, any chance he is on the trading block?

I don’t recall seeing any rumors or news of him this off-season.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
with Simmons not at the uniform unveiling and skipping voluntary mini camp, any chance he is on the trading block?

I don’t recall seeing any rumors or news of him this off-season.
I read he is at the minicamp but he did not practice. Don't know why.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love the way Witherspoon plays though. He's got some Honey Badger in him. He's a complete dog.

I started out as a Gonzalez fan, but now I'd say I'm 50/50. I would hope the Cardinals, if they were drafting either one, would go off inside info they have, because both players are really good.
Yeah ditto. I’ve watched some film of Witherspoon and he just oozes translatable talent. Gonzales is a ridiculous athlete and specimen. And he can play. I’m torn between them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The board has debated this at length and most agree that there's a big drop off after about the top 10-12. To only take a paltry return for trading back 17 spots would be criminally stupid. I don't want us to trade back that far, full stop, but if we're fool enough to do so, at least bleed them for picks.
start the conversation with, " hey,..do y'all remember Herschel Walker?"

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No the difference is I don't see Will Anderson as generational. He's good but not great. Suggs was transcendent rushing the passer in college. I watched him at ASU and he was more effective than Will Anderson, a lot more bend.
But Suggs was also a fairly pedestrian athlete. He won due to technique, strength and will. I see Anderson as very close to Suggs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was thinking this a few weeks ago. Zaven is big enough to be an edge. You really notice it in the new uniform pics with Cam Thomas & Myjai Sanders.

It will be hilarious if Simmons ends up at safety and Collins ends up at Edge.

Which is exactly what I said they both should be when they were drafted.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels like the start of a great yearly tradition!

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Instead of taking Anderson, we are going to move Zaven to Edge, trade back, and take Monti's #1 player of the draft. A dominant player at a true position of need.

Inside linebacker Drew Sanders.
i want this to happen purely for the ASFN reaction

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose