Week 16 Arizona Cardinals off season thread. 4/24/23-4/30/23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a fan of this. This team needs to trade down and accumulate picks for this year and next in the worst way. So many holes on this roster. I'm still confident a trade down opportunity that makes sense will emerge on draft day.
As much as I'm not a fan of the pick there, I'm a fan of the Cardinals building a better OL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Is this not super transparent?

A few days ago the rumor was some other teams were interested in trading up to 3 for OL. Then suddenly the Cards might stay at 3 for Johnson? And Kyler want's Johnson too.

Seems like a ploy no?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Is this not super transparent?

A few days ago the rumor was some other teams were interested in trading up to 3 for OL. Then suddenly the Cards might stay at 3 for Johnson? And Kyler want's Johnson too.

Seems like a ploy no?
Yes. But it is also believable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's certainly very Cardinals.

Johnson isn't even consensus OT1. Skoronski still beats him out by 1 spot.

I should clarify I do like Paris Johnson and he may well be the better scheme fit as an outside/wide zone run blocker (although Skoronski is great in this regard too) which I would expect to come over from the Browns. And it probably makes sense as he could start at left guard until we move on from Hump. Which will be as soon as he has a down year.

I just feel it would be a reach at #3 when the run on OT won't start until #7 earliest and probably not #9.

Duke Manyweather has had both these guys working out with him and he raves about Skoronski.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I should clarify I do like Paris Johnson and he may well be the better scheme fit as an outside/wide zone run blocker (although Skoronski is great in this regard too) which I would expect to come over from the Browns. And it probably makes sense as he could start at left guard until we move on from Hump. Which will be as soon as he has a down year.

I just feel it would be a reach at #3 when the run on OT won't start until #7 earliest and probably not #9.

Duke Manyweather has had both these guys working out with him and he raves about Skoronski.
I look at players in tiers and then I look at them by positions of importance.

In this draft Johnson, is among the 12 or so agreeable players that the Cardinals could walk away from round one with. So I disagree he's a reach.

I'd rather get him on a trade down, but let's say Anderson is gone and no one will trade up for three. I'd consider him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at players in tiers and then I look at them by positions of importance.

In this draft Johnson, is among the 12 or so agreeable players that the Cardinals could walk away from round one with. So I disagree he's a reach.

I'd rather get him on a trade down, but let's say Anderson is gone and no one will trade up for three. I'd consider him.

Yeah if you're absolutely stuck at #3 and Anderson is gone then sure. He's a great prospect.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That's how I see it. There's a bunch of players fairly evenly grouped for me.

I'd move down to 11 for 4+ picks. Maybe even three.
This team definitely has a different building philosophy than I do so I expect to be disappointed come draft day. For me it is still Will Anderson or trade down. Tricky part is waiting to trade the pick until draft day is risky.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This team definitely has a different building philosophy than I do so I expect to be disappointed come draft day. For me it is still Will Anderson or trade down. Tricky part is waiting to trade the pick until draft day is risky.
I do agree, but I don't think I could turn down high 2024 picks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I haven't really spent a ton of time on it, but my top 10 is probably...

1 - Will Anderson
2 - Broderick Jones
3 - Peter Skoronski
4 - Christian Gonzalez
5 - Devon Witherspoon
6 - Jalen Carter
7 - Tyree Wilson
8 - Lukas Van Ness
9 - Bijan Robinson (I don't really know at this point)
10 - Darnell Wright / Paris Johnson

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I haven't really spent a ton of time on it, but my top 10 is probably...

1 - Will Anderson
2 - Broderick Jones
3 - Peter Skoronski
4 - Christian Gonzalez
5 - Devon Witherspoon
6 - Jalen Carter
7 - Tyree Wilson
8 - Lukas Van Ness
9 - Bijan Robinson (I don't really know at this point)
10 - Darnell Wright / Paris Johnson
I don't know if Robinson is on the radar or even the answer, but in my mind I've never been able to forget what Sean Peyton said about Kyler...that he needs a strong running game and someone he can hand the ball off to, to take the pressure off, so that everyone isn't just watching him run around and trying to be Superman on the field. To me, that was probably the most honest and authentic assessment of Murray and the failure of the previous offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't know if Robinson is on the radar or even the answer, but in my mind I've never been able to forget what Sean Peyton said about Kyler...that he needs a strong running game and someone he can hand the ball off to, to take the pressure off, so that everyone isn't just watching him run around and trying to be Superman on the field. To me, that was probably the most honest and authentic assessment of Murray and the failure of the previous offense.
I add Bijan in because his talent/position are a great tier break for me when looking at available players. When I would rather take Bijan over the best available OL, CB, EDGE, DT it clarifies the board for me. Trying to avoid that range would be key.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson