Playoffs: Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-25-2023 - Game 5

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is comparing apples and hockey pucks. One guy has his hands on the ball every play. The other is at the mercy of his backcourt and coach to get him the ball and to involve him in the offense.

A better comparison to DA is Isaiah Simmons. Both freakishly talented and athletic, but are playing under coaches who have no idea how to properly use them and just assume that their attitudes and athleticism will make up for it.

Hit the nail on the head

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Twins were great but Durant is such an elite scorer who also soaks up so much defensive attention allowing one Devin Booker to do some truly amazing things
I miss them both and on the surface it really looks like the Suns gave up a lot, with all the picks it would have been really nice to have kept one of the 2. However if you take into acct the affect it had on Booker having Durant has only amplified his game. Fact is teams fear Durant, they did not fear Bridges

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Something that's been on my mind... I keep seeing people lamenting the minutes that starters are playing, and it has me wondering long-term do five or so more minutes of a game actually put that much more wear on an athlete's body? If I'm playing hard for 30 minutes versus playing hard for 40 minutes, I don't notice any difference the next day. Maybe it's impossible to answer, but I don't really understand getting all riled up about a couple more minutes per night.
There are no back to backs, there will be a couple of blow outs for and against as they move along where the starters will sit early. The only one of concern is CP3 as he really wears fatigue on his sleeve. I am more worried about foul trouble than playing time

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Both Kawhi Leonard and Paul George remain out for the Clippers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Oh Man, National Media has their excuses now for a Phx title run, looking WAY FAR AHEAD. It would be nice if Miami upsets the Bucks. The Greek Freak is the only player I fear.... period. Boston or Philly I think the Suns can take

Peter Sheldon

Veteran
Reaction score

Oh Man, National Media has their excuses now for a Phx title run, looking WAY FAR AHEAD. It would be nice if Miami upsets the Bucks. The Greek Freak is the only player I fear.... period. Boston or Philly I think the Suns can take
good point.
But Suns getting thru the west is my biggest concern at this point. With GSW, those damn 3s can come in waves and we cannot stop dribble penetration either. But can anyone outscore us? questions for the ages....

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well..... if we win this series I am going to call the fate card and start betting on the Lakers to make the Western Conference finals.

It would be our last finals run in reverse: Clips, Nuggs, Lakers.

p.s. I still think the Bucks make it to the finals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone hates Ayton especially in Phoenix or Arizona. He has a likeable, easy-going personality.

Personally, I like him a lot.

Unfortunately, at this stage of his career, his mouth writes checks that his body can't cash.
It's not his body that can't cash them, it's his brain. All his issues are mental.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really Kyler has made pro bowls and has set records, what exactly has DA done? Also by all accounts Monty is a solid coach, Kyler has performed under aelie clown show coaching staff, excited for some NFL coaching…

It is more about the similarities of their quotes to the media rather than their actual production.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the Suns chances if they can get out of the West as well.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the KD domination game....cause it's coming. That will be the game where you will immediately forget about 25

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bit exhauated late n showing of dungeons dragons movie l n very good movie btw!

Hope suns perk up my energy ton with good gm vs paperclips

Want to see good gms by kd da dbook and okogie and the bench

My 420 victory stash will be waiting!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Something that's been on my mind... I keep seeing people lamenting the minutes that starters are playing, and it has me wondering long-term do five or so more minutes of a game actually put that much more wear on an athlete's body? If I'm playing hard for 30 minutes versus playing hard for 40 minutes, I don't notice any difference the next day. Maybe it's impossible to answer, but I don't really understand getting all riled up about a couple more minutes per night.
Your 5 hard minutes verses professional athlete in playoffs hard 5 minutes are nothing alike. You also don’t do it every other day accompanied by the extremely high stress level of playoff basketball. 40+ minutes is tough for anyone, let alone older players like KD and Paul.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
my Tesla battery has depreciated by 10% since I got it.

Ayton didn’t win himself any goodwill with this answer. Dude knows he’s hated in Phoenix. Why make it worse?
He “knows he’s hated in Phoenix?”

I mean he takes a beating on here, but it’s not like I see a ton of articles bashing him in the local press and he doesn’t get booed at home. What makes you think “he knows he’s hated in Phoenix?”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think anyone hates Ayton especially in Phoenix or Arizona. He has a likeable, easy-going personality.

Personally, I like him a lot.

Unfortunately, at this stage of his career, his mouth writes checks that his effort can't cash.
FTFY (because his body is certainly physically capable)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean he takes a beating on here, but it’s not like I see a ton of articles bashing him in the local press and he doesn’t get booed at home. What makes you think “he knows he’s hated in Phoenix?”
I know when I’m home and listening to the radio, 98.7 regularly criticizes him for the same things he gets slammed for here (and around the league).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This may be true, but I think we need to look focus more on Ayton's strengths than just his weaknesses. Monty has him running all over the court on offense and defense. For someone who didn't play basketball when they were young, there is a lot to grasp.

I guess he will always be measured by the standard of being the #1 pick in the 2018 draft. However, Ayton is right there with the top players chosen.
I stopped measuring him by that metric two seasons ago. I measure him by effort and effort only.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The two sports are not comparable, but I'd much rather have Deandre Ayton as the #1 draft pick than Kyler Murray.

I haven't heard complaints about Deandre not studying by his coach or teammates.

Yeah, I've read about the video games stuff but a lot of young players are into this.
I’d rather have murray because I don’t question his thirst to win. He may not make good decisions to get there, but he definitely wants to win. I don’t think it’s crucial to Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know when I’m home and listening to the radio, 98.7 regularly criticizes him for the same things he gets slammed for here (and around the league).
Okay. I don’t listen to phx radio. I’m actually glad to hear that. Criticism is good for someone that’s going to succeed. Is that Ayton? Doubtful. But hoping…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I don’t listen to phx radio. I’m actually glad to hear that. Criticism is good for someone that’s going to succeed. Is that Ayton? Doubtful. But hoping…
It’s not new and nothing has materially changed there so don’t hold your breath.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s not like a chorus of boos but he gets more fans yelling things after he makes a mistake or even misses a shot than the rest of the team combined.

A lot of it is ASU fans being completely irrational. We have a few here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave