• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen a cardinal with it's wings spread? gray/silver is definitely in the color scheme.

I wake to Cardinals, and they're in my backyard birdfeed daily.

This may describe some of the visual texture of a female, but the males represented on the logo are red.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I wake to Cardinals, and they're in my backyard birdfeed daily.

This may describe some of the visual texture of a female, but the males represented on the logo are red.
Ok, I have a cardinal bird screensaver on my Roku, Grey/Silver is definitely present, not just under the wings but the feet as well! So to me, it's not a dumb color scheme!

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
you said it was a dumb color scheme, I disagree!
No. I did not say the color scheme was dumb. I said adding a color to the uniform that was not part of the team color scheme was dumb (see below). It would be like the Dolphins adding gray to their uniforms because dolphins are gray. That’s not part of the dolphins team color scheme. They are teal and orange and white.

Here’s exactly what I wrote:

“I just don’t get the grey or silver strips. We essentially just went back to 80s uniform and replaced black (a cardinal color scheme) with gray/silver (not a cardinal color scheme). Seems dumb”

By “cardinal color scheme” I meant the team. I thought that was obvious because we are talking about the team. Maybe not. Still think it’s dumb to throw in another color that’s not part of the cardinals team colors.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
No. I did not say the color scheme was dumb. I said adding a color to the uniform that was not part of the team color scheme was dumb (see below). It would be like the Dolphins adding gray to their uniforms because dolphins are gray. That’s not part of the dolphins team color scheme. They are teal and orange and white.

Here’s exactly what I wrote:

“I just don’t get the grey or silver strips. We essentially just went back to 80s uniform and replaced black (a cardinal color scheme) with gray/silver (not a cardinal color scheme). Seems dumb”

By “cardinal color scheme” I meant the team. I thought that was obvious because we are talking about the team. Maybe not. Still think it’s dumb to throw in another color that’s not part of the cardinals team colors.
Grey face mask?
I was talking about the bird!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Grey face mask?
I was talking about the bird!
The gray face mask was holdover from the days when all face masks were gray. It wasn’t part of our color scheme. So the gray stripes are just a weird added color.

And yes. I know you were talking about the bird. I wasn’t. And you replied to my post originally.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gray face mask was holdover from the days when all face masks were gray.
This is true! Almost every team had a grey facemask in 1955. Most phased them out between the 1970s - 1990s.
It wasn’t part of our color scheme. So the gray stripes are just a weird added color.
This is not true. Grey Pantone 429C was one of the official team colors since 1955, as our own @TruColor could tell you. It's now simply been changed to silver Pantone 429C! https://www.trucolor.net/portfolio/...olors-franchise-records-1920-through-present/

Though if you want to get annoyed at the team adding a color that's never been in their scheme... check out the orange Pantone 151C that's part of the beak's 3D fade effect!

There are also red and silver metallic shades that are slightly different from the red and silver non metallics. Maybe @TruColor could explain the rationale for that.

...dave

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is true! Almost every team had a grey facemask in 1955. Most phased them out between the 1970s - 1990s.

This is not true. Grey Pantone 429C was one of the official team colors since 1955, as our own @TruColor could tell you. It's now simply been changed to silver Pantone 429C! https://www.trucolor.net/portfolio/...olors-franchise-records-1920-through-present/

Though if you want to get annoyed at the team adding a color that's never been in their scheme... check out the orange Pantone 151C that's part of the beak's 3D fade effect!

There are also red and silver metallic shades that are slightly different from the red and silver non metallics. Maybe @TruColor could explain the rationale for that.

...dave
Lol. Leave it to you, Dave. I stand corrected. Go big red, yellow, white, black, gray, orange and silver!