Pre-Draft Presser (live now)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I didn't like when JG said "I cringe when I hear the word rebuild" ....ummm....what are we in then, SB contention?? Lol
Any head coach worth his salt, isn't going down without a fight. No matter if it's a rebuild, retool, or whatever.. the head coach should be taking the players he's got and coaching to win, not just phoning it in.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Any head coach worth his salt, isn't going down without a fight. No matter if it's a rebuild, retool, or whatever.. the head coach should be taking the players he's got and coaching to win, not just phoning it in.
PS, I wrote that before watching the presser and hearing Gannon’s response.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
They talk well I’ll give them that. We will see if they draft well next week. A well coached team will win 4 extra game’s. A Wilks coached team will lose 4 more than they should. If this team wins 8 games this year it will be well coached.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was there a question about Jalen Carter? Is he still on their Board, and if so what do they think of him?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
One thing Monti said - "what the two teams do ahead of us will have no bearing on what we do at #3"

Interesting comment.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Telling the league you're desperate to trade back weakens your position. That's the only reason the players that get picked before you don't matter. And Monti isn't going to know for certain who the Texans take.
Why isn't it letting teams that are desperate for a QB know that you're willing to deal. What you said, imo, makes more sense if there was only one team in need of a QB. Based on what I've read there seems to be at least four. Bottom line, why it might not add to what teams will offer, I can't see that they will offer less, just as long as there is more than one team wanting your pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Which he can't be.
Sure he can.
Its highly likely a QB goes at 1 and 2...and even if they dont, if his target is JSN or a CB or a guy like Van Ness he can be certain they will be on the board at 3.

Pretty sure fans dont influence who he has targeted.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I would wager that the cards already know who will be taken 1 and 2. Of course crazy stuff could happen but I've been told who the cards were picking many picks before they were made. This info came from a member of another teams front office. It was texted to me. So you might be amazed at what teams know about each other.