New Uniforms for the Cardinals

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I want to look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, then that’s my prerogative and I will not be judged!
There was no more beautiful sight than watching Terry Metcalf or Mel Gray racing down the field in their all whites back in the day! If you don’t like big men in all white, then I think you’ll like the skill position players in white.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So many of the potential concepts were far better than what they ended up with. I wish they would have had a fan design contest, and let people vote on it. Pretty sure the end product would have been completely different.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I kinda dig the white.
Yeah the Whites are growing on me the more that I see them. I still really like the Alternates.

Not feeling the Reds and bummed they didn't do more with the regular helmet.

Silver vs Grey. Meh
Silver Flake is kind of silly
Shadow Logo is OK but we've seen it already so nothing new.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A handful of folks have said this. Just curious what would have made them not boring? This is a genuine question!

I'm honestly enjoying harding hearing folks opinions about the jerseys.
They look a little generic. I also think people were expecting a bigger splash. Especially when our previous change had some pizzazz (like it or hate it).

Some were expecting copper or turquoise highlights. Just people expected more.

Not something that looks a bit like the cheaper version of the authentic jerseys that all the stores carry.

Each person has different tastes.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like them for the most part, better than the previous. I don't think they look terrible at all, even the red which a lot of people are complaining. The whites and blacks are legit .

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Like the Yankees, Cardinals, and Dodgers of the MLB, the football Cardinals NEVER had to veer too far from what they brought from St. Louis. IMO, one of the top 5 NFL uniforms both then and NOW. The red shoulder pads were hideous, but I’m so, so happy to see the return of the all whites. Love the new larger bird on the helmet, and the brighter red uniform color. I only hope we add a similar stripe to the red pants and reintroduce the white pants of the 70’s/80’s to the home uniform. Can‘t understand those that wanted copper added to our uniforms?? Would only bastardize them & our colors would then clash with the 49ers. Also love the silver face mask. They didn’t need to go outside & pay people to come up with this. All they had to do was find the fans on this board that go back to the 60’s & we would have hit a home run on each and every aspect of these uniforms.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like the Yankees, Cardinals, and Dodgers of the MLB, the football Cardinals NEVER had to veer too far from what they brought from St. Louis. IMO, one of the top 5 NFL uniforms both then and NOW. The red shoulder pads were hideous, but I’m so, so happy to see the return of the all whites. Love the new larger bird on the helmet, and the brighter red uniform color. I only hope we add a similar stripe to the red pants and reintroduce the white pants of the 70’s/80’s to the home uniform. Can‘t understand those that wanted copper added to our uniforms?? Would only bastardize them & our colors would then clash with the 49ers. Also love the silver face mask. They didn’t need to go outside & pay people to come up with this. All they had to do was find the fans on this board that go back to the 60’s & we would have hit a home run on each and every aspect of these uniforms.
Aw C'mon PA! :biglaugh:

Reaction score
I like them!

Was I expecting something more exciting, yes; especially with the false rumors that were put out! But all things considered, these will show well!

Best touch: I like and I think the players appreciate the unseen when worn "mottos" on the inside collars. Props to the original Birdgang, DD #90!! He should be put in the ROH! Worst touch: I agree with others, the "Arizona" font on the "reds" is too prominent/large.

Anyone wanting a throwback to a previous era, I believe that is what you got, i.e. - a modern version of an old look.
If you think the new looks aren't modeled after the old, I just don't know what you're looking at!

Also as Johnnycakes stated:
technically we havnt seen the color rush jerseys. Unless they are going to be the same, im wondering if they could copper up those uni's
But I do believe the copper/orange was a ruse, but might we see silver/gray as the main color? Nah, probably not. :p

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where we'll end up eventually with uniforms! Remember, it could always be worse!

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the all whites are basically a modern version of the older white ones

i think the board can be put in two camps:

one wanted something closer to the older "classic" unis

the other we ready for radical change -- with orange, etc

someone was going to be unhappy