Today’s Rumor: Hopkins to Buffalo

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You think the 2 starters can garner just 1 late 1st round pick? lol Yes, they can get more for the both of them together. Shouldn't even be a debate.
Prepare to be disappointed - the Cards have no leverage and the entire league knows it.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Prepare to be disappointed - the Cards have no leverage and the entire league knows it.
Plus you have Dhop with the PED thing and also wanting a new contract plus Budda's contract size not to mention his actual size - I don't see how accepting a late second round pick for Dhop is that much worse than accepting a late first round pick for both - not to mention everyone knows we're desperate af

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
FWIW (not much), the best offer I could find for Hopkins on Pro Football Network's draft simulator was with NE for pick #46.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You think the 2 starters can garner just 1 late 1st round pick? lol Yes, they can get more for the both of them together. Shouldn't even be a debate.
Except they don't really have the cap space for both. One sure, they can restructure.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like a trade like that if true. Much better the the 5th or 6th rounder I was expecting them to get. I think it is fortunate that the Cards are not letting much information out at all.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that...I'm just talking about getting 2 starters who are arguably still top 5-10 at their positions...It's worth more than a late 1st for both.
In a vacuum, sure. If they were on a rookie contract, even better. Having to pay for a new contract for both players makes it less valuable.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I get that...I'm just talking about getting 2 starters who are arguably still top 5-10 at their positions...It's worth more than a late 1st for both.
If you ignore all the other stuff making this a challenge, then sure, we should get more.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The numbers are on our side. There is only one DHop but there are MANY WR's who play for the contending teams. Nothing is certain but the odds are with us, even if the FB gods aren't.

Are they though?

Even if they are, it's risking getting nothing for him. Are we going to get better than a 2nd/3rd to one of these contenders if everything happens just right?

Get what you can.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hopkins is going to regret this when Colt McCoy/David Blough take the Cards to the Super Bowl.

Look, it's theoretically possible.

Crazier things have happened.......right?........maybe?.......hmmm
Rams had to start their season with a grocery stocker one time

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson