Budda requests trade

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Absolutely. It's a massive reach.

While the state of the OL is bad without an NFL quality center, Wilkinson and Daley have started at LG and been average players there. The Cardinals actually have players to fill pretty much every position right now, it's just that the roster lacks star power.
Really?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm 90% confident Budda isn't getting traded.

I don't even think he really wants to be traded and it was just a move to put pressure on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Quality is a relative term. If you have five average starters, your line won't be good.
that doesn’t answer the question of why their teams allowed them to leave for camp body-type contracts

I actually think that if your line has five average starters playing for 17 games, they’re gonna be pretty good.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
that doesn’t answer the question of why their teams allowed them to leave for camp body-type contracts
Good question because Atlanta doesn't currently have a LG listed on their depth chart.

Wilkinson did have some injury issues.
I actually think that if your line has five average starters playing for 17 games, they’re gonna be pretty good.
Disagree...because it's damn rare that five players will start 17 games.

I tend to think a line needs at least two above average starters to be decent. Three and you have a real good line.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point I'd keep Budda and just pay the man. Give him a 2 year extension. Make it so you can cut him starting in 2025 if you want to. He is a proven star who is the heart and soul of the defense and is in his prime at age 27. Reward him while the team suffers through a rebuild this season. Then in 2024/25 hope that he can help get the Cards over the hump so to speak.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
They don't have the money with Kliff/Keim alimony, Gannon/3rd choice GM hirings, Murray contract starting, interest rates at 7% sending liquidity down - to pay more.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t even understand this answer. I think you’re becoming unhinged.
I think you're reading my post in the wrong tone. I'm saying it tongue-in-cheek.

My point is that we don't always know why.

Daley obviously sucked as a LT, but has had some success at LG in the past.

Wilkinson started at LG for the Falcons and played fairly well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you're reading my post in the wrong tone. I'm saying it tongue-in-cheek.

My point is that we don't always know why.

Daley obviously sucked as a LT, but has had some success at LG in the past.

Wilkinson started at LG for the Falcons and played fairly well.
These are two guys that no one in the league wanted for anything other than peanuts. Those are not league average players.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
You guys are a mess, join the Smel.
reality is everybody worth a contract is wanting to jump ship. Now rumored to trade KM! draft fodder ?
reminds me of Wilkes year.
the purge started before coach.
Im curious to see Kyler without Kingsbury, my expectations are weak, but think he could thrive in a balanced system, but every coach we hired since Denny, thrived with a balanced attack prior to cardinals, then came here and threw at least 3-1 - we actually won in times we didn’t throw 3-1 - but never embraced or celebrated

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For those that think an offensive line consisting of average players can’t be good, nfl history says your wrong so why do u continue beating this drum?

Good offensive line execution has a lot of components, talent is only one of them

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For those that think an offensive line consisting of average players can’t be good, nfl history says your wrong so why do u continue beating this drum?

Good offensive line execution has a lot of components, talent is only one of them
We'll see once we have at least decent talent at the position. I'd much rather add talent there than to pray/hope for them to gel.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For the record, I'm okay with the Cards' approach to the OL. It's a lot better than going out and giving the Justin Pughs of the world a big contract and then having a super solid C/G fall into our laps during the draft but not being able to pick him because we already paid big for mediocrity.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For the record, I'm okay with the Cards' approach to the OL. It's a lot better than going out and giving the Justin Pughs of the world a big contract and then having a super solid C/G fall into our laps during the draft but not being able to pick him because we already paid big for mediocrity.
So long as they don't think they're set at OL and feel a desperate need for IOL, sure.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We'll see once we have at least decent talent at the position. I'd much rather add talent there than to pray/hope for them to gel.

I think we’re currently two or three average players away from having average players across the OL

When did this happen? I think there’s a middle ground between what we’re doing (heaping garbage into the room and hoping there’s like a truffle in there) and your (hypothetical one assumes) example.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think we’re currently two or three average players away from having average players across the OL

When did this happen? I think there’s a middle ground between what we’re doing (heaping garbage into the room and hoping there’s like a truffle in there) and your (hypothetical one assumes) example.
It appears to me that John Michael Schmitz, Steve Avila, Joe Tippman, and more will probably be available at our 2nd round pick. Would we have really wanted to throw money at say, Connor McGovern to be our unquestioned Center instead?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson