Budda requests trade

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Next year is 2 years!

A 1 year turnaround would be this year. 2 years is 2024. 3 years is 2025.

You said 2-3 years, this year has already started, we are already in league year 2023, 2023 + 2 years is 2025…unless math is different where you are.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes

I’m convinced problems have been leadership not talent

Previous coaches valued repetition over precision execution

I have far more hope this year last year
I tend to agreee. The problem is that we seem to be in the process of turning over a lot of talent and not replacing it with anything but draft picks and camp bodies.

Many of us have heard this tune played before in the Dave McGinnis years. Projecting 10 UDFAs to make your final roster before camp starts means your team is going to be very bad.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I tend to agreee. The problem is that we seem to be in the process of turning over a lot of talent and not replacing it with anything but draft picks and camp bodies.

Many of us have heard this tune played before in the Dave McGinnis years. Projecting 10 UDFAs to make your final roster before camp starts means your team is going to be very bad.

And precisely, no one besides you, it would seem, is projecting this outcome.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

This doesn't feel like the McGinnis years. This feels like cutting out the rot. Not that I'm happy with losing our two big FAs, not that I'm happy with DHop and Budda wanting to leave... but we've been in need of a complete organizational reset since I was ten years old. I'm 36 now.

I know we want some kind of half-measures to keep things competitive, but we've functionally burned things to the ground in hope that we'll grow anew. This could be a trash take, but I want to see where it goes. I hated hiring Kliff. I'm a little dicey on how young our staff is.

But I'm willing to see where things go right now. Restructure the type of player we want, and the kind of approach we take. The reload concept is old and tired. Let's become a franchise that at least has a shot at the playoffs year in and year out.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This doesn't feel like the McGinnis years. This feels like cutting out the rot. Not that I'm happy with losing our two big FAs, not that I'm happy with DHop and Budda wanting to leave... but we've been in need of a complete organizational reset since I was ten years old. I'm 36 now.

I know we want some kind of half-measures to keep things competitive, but we've functionally burned things to the ground in hope that we'll grow anew. This could be a trash take, but I want to see where it goes. I hated hiring Kliff. I'm a little dicey on how young our staff is.

But I'm willing to see where things go right now. Restructure the type of player we want, and the kind of approach we take. The reload concept is old and tired. Let's become a franchise that at least has a shot at the playoffs year in and year out.
Yeah. Forgive me for doubting that third-choice GM is the guy to guide a true transition when Michael Bidwill is still the guy signing the checks.

The 2018 season was no fun at all, and I’m not interested in repeating it only on purpose. If Monti fails to move Hop and Budda stays the outlook will be more positive.

You’d just think that building a winning culture would start with having winning players and trying to win games. Not purposefully being non-competitive.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Couldn't agree more. Only a few months back, even the debbie downers on this board were screaming to burn the roster to the ground. Now that the Cardinals are in the middle of doing just that, they want to compare the current regime to Dave McGinnis. Please! Are we really going to make that comparison?? MOJG were VERY clear what type of players they were looking for. TEAM would be valued over the individual moving forward. Right or wrong, DHop & Budda are at that stage in their careers where they are looking out for themselves. And that's ok. It just doesn't fit into our restructure right now. This isn't rocket science people. We've been applying bandaids going back to Whisenhunt. We were close enough talent wise to occasionally use that process during the Whiz/BA years, but it should have been abandoned as soon as BA walked out the door. For all the negativity being applied to MB, and he deserves it, at least give him credit for finally ripping off the bandaid & trying to give this franchise the reset that it absolutely, positively needs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You said 2-3 years, this year has already started, we are already in league year 2023, 2023 + 2 years is 2025…unless math is different where you are.

The season hasn't started. A one year turnaround would be this year. I'm already on record that the plan is to go big in 2024. We can have $100m in cap space and several draft picks by then.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There are only 2 states for franchises now that don't have Mahomes or Brady at QB (possibly Burrow).

Complete sell out to win now (how long now lasts depends on how well you draft) and rebuild. Anything else is just a plan for mediocrity.

Personally I don't like it. Teams that are cash rich can use cap flexibility and void years to stack a roster for short term gain. It means everyone else has to have the same strategy or continually lag behind.

The Rams did it. The Bucs did it. The Eagles have been doing it but have lessened the pain for now by hitting on a high number of draft picks but pain is coming. The Eagles have $15m next year in void years for players not under contract. In 2025 they have $42m in void year cap hit for players no longer on the team.

The Eagles have 2 players currently signed through 2026 with $57m in cap hit for them. Yet $130m in used cap space due to void years. They already borrowed $24m from 2027's cap and it's 4 years away.

And they still have to pay Hurts.

If the rules stay the same and the Bidwills stay the owners (which is highly likely) it may become impossible for teams like the Cardinals to compete unless they hit on an absolute stud QB.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The season hasn't started. A one year turnaround would be this year. I'm already on record that the plan is to go big in 2024. We can have $100m in cap space and several draft picks by then.

You say a 2-3 year rebuild

Year 1 2023 rebuild (bad season)
Year 2 2024 rebuild (bad season)
Year 3 2025 rebuild? (possible bad season)

That is common freaking sense. If you are saying it's one season of rebuilding and we will be competitive next season then just say so.

Maybe British math is different.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You say a 2-3 year rebuild

Year 1 2023 rebuild (bad season)
Year 2 2024 rebuild (bad season)
Year 3 2025 rebuild? (possible bad season)

That is common freaking sense. If you are saying it's one season of rebuilding and we will be competitive next season then just say so.

Maybe British math is different.

A one year rebuild would be this offseason to compete in the upcoming season.

If you go all the way back to the start of this I said it's going to take 2-3 years to rebuild.

2 years would be 2024 considering we just finished the 2022 season 2 months ago. That really should be clear to everyone considering we are over 4 months away from the next league year kicking off.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

If you go all the way back to the start of this I said it's going to take 2-3 years to rebuild.

2 years would be 2024 considering we just finished the 2022 season 2 months ago. That really should be clear to everyone considering we are over 4 months away from the next league year kicking off.

You said 2-3 years, basic reading comprehension means we'd be competitive by 2025 at the earliest and you find that acceptable. Most of us disagree.

In 2024 will we have 2 years with the current front office and coaching staff? No we will have ONE.

You can sit alone on your island and think what you are saying makes sense but I am done arguing this point with you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Aside from the fact you don't think we can be competitive in 2024, nothing that we're doing will get us competitive in 2024. This FO is either deliberately planning to tank for a year, stink for another year, and then go for it in 2025, or are deluding themselves into thinking two drafts and one ginormous FA spending spree is going to be enough. I have to hope our FO isn't that stupid.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Forgive me for doubting that third-choice GM is the guy to guide a true transition when Michael Bidwill is still the guy signing the checks.

I am hearing that MB is moving away from a lot of the day to day operations of the team. In the short term this is causing a ton of issues since MB made some promises before handing over the reins to MO. Now those promises can't be kept and a lot of people got screwed over.

In the long term it's good that MB is giving more authority to his staff. However it pissed a ton of people off in the short term and rightfully so. You are talking about people's livelihoods.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am hearing that MB is moving away from a lot of the day to day operations of the team. In the short term this is causing a ton of issues since MB made some promises before handing over the reins to MO. Now those promises can't be kept and a lot of people got screwed over.

In the long term it's good that MB is giving more authority to his staff. However it pissed a ton of people off in the short term and rightfully so. You are talking about people's livelihoods.

But this has to be fixed instantaneously or we will suck for another 100 years.

What people are still forgetting and still arguing over is that we will probably stick suck for another 100 years no matter what happens.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think this year will be a lost year where a lot of young players get some play, and 2024 could be the year that some of the young pieces from 2023 and 2024 filled with FAs from 2024 offseason are ready for a playoff push.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe, but does that last though a 4-13 campaign?

Stout

Reaction score

Jesus, that is dire. I mean, good that he's stepping away, but broken promises with the new FO already? Yikes.

Stout

Reaction score
I think this year will be a lost year where a lot of young players get some play, and 2024 could be the year that some of the young pieces from 2023 and 2024 filled with FAs from 2024 offseason are ready for a playoff push.
I mean, considering what we've already lost and that we've signed zero players that will likely be with us beyond this year, I think a 2024 playoff run is a pipe dream. Playoff push? Maybe, but I personally doubt it. We're really screwing the pooch right now.