Lots of interest in Cards third pick

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That's a far cry from a round 3 comp and round 5 pick swap.

Draft picks have no value. They are like NFT's, they are worth what someone will pay. One of the worst elements of pre draft talk are fans and analysts using draft value tables like a menu. Like the Colts trade. If the Cards only get a 3rd round pick because that's what the value chart says then Monti is trash. If the Colts really like a guy, and someone else is going to come and take that guy if you don't trade up, then it's worth whatever it takes to get that done. Monti should be getting at least this years 2nd and a 2024 day 2 pick for that.

The pick is worth what someone will pay. What someone will pay depends on who is there and how much they want them.

It's far more likely to be multiple firsts than your scenario.
If we get a 2nd to go back one spot that’s a win imo

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's a far cry from a round 3 comp and round 5 pick swap.

Draft picks have no value. They are like NFT's, they are worth what someone will pay. One of the worst elements of pre draft talk are fans and analysts using draft value tables like a menu. Like the Colts trade. If the Cards only get a 3rd round pick because that's what the value chart says then Monti is trash. If the Colts really like a guy, and someone else is going to come and take that guy if you don't trade up, then it's worth whatever it takes to get that done. Monti should be getting at least this years 2nd and a 2024 day 2 pick for that.

The pick is worth what someone will pay. What someone will pay depends on who is there and how much they want them.

It's far more likely to be multiple firsts than your scenario.
Obviously picks have value. They are the rights to select a prospect in the 2023 NFL draft. Very deranged statement.

I was exaggerating what I expect to be a low price that Monti gets for the #3 overall pick in the draft. If you expect third-choice GM to get an additional first round pick for trading down one to three spots, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

But I’m 100% certain you’ll support whatever action the front office takes as good and right and smart actually.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Obviously picks have value. They are the rights to select a prospect in the 2023 NFL draft. Very deranged statement.

I was exaggerating what I expect to be a low price that Monti gets for the #3 overall pick in the draft. If you expect third-choice GM to get an additional first round pick for trading down one to three spots, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

But I’m 100% certain you’ll support whatever action the front office takes as good and right and smart actually.

This has gone well beyond the best-before date.

Trash it!

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It seems everyone's greed comes out at this time of the football year. Instead of just trying to gouge others, squeezing them for what all you can get from them, why not take the more loving caring Christian approach. Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Would it not be much more insightful to open up your heart and offer the desired pick to a needy team for whatever they can most afford? Where is it written that you have to take the highest offer? Maybe in helping another needy team out they will remember that come game day and take it easy on you, even allowing you to pick up a needed win every so often.

I have seen many times where in doing a solid for someone you are rewarded ten times over. How about we stifle our talk of what all we can gain from our #3 pick, and spend the next 2 weeks considering what good we could be doing for some other needy team.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It seems everyone's greed comes out at this time of the football year. Instead of just trying to gouge others, squeezing them for what all you can get from them, why not take the more loving caring Christian approach. Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Would it not be much more insightful to open up your heart and offer the desired pick to a needy team for whatever they can most afford? Where is it written that you have to take the highest offer? Maybe in helping another needy team out they will remember that come game day and take it easy on you, even allowing you to pick up a needed win every so often.

I have seen many times where in doing a solid for someone you are rewarded ten times over. How about we stifle our talk of what all we can gain from our #3 pick, and spend the next 2 weeks considering what good we could be doing for some other needy team.

Sorry!

But when it comes to sports, I prefer the approach that calls for the killing of all the heathens in the name of Jesus.

Amen.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I give this post 5 gold stars.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It was clear from the whole sentence that I meant they have no FIXED value. I explained that when I said "They are worth what someone will pay".

Anyone wanting to move up a considerable number of places is doing so because there is something they really want. I'm confident the compensation is more likely to be generous than underwhelming. Especially if multiple teams are interested.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was clear from the whole sentence that I meant they have no FIXED value. I explained that when I said "They are worth what someone will pay".

Anyone wanting to move up a considerable number of places is doing so because there is something they really want. I'm confident the compensation is more likely to be generous than underwhelming. Especially if multiple teams are interested.
Multiple teams are interested is likely coming from Cardinals brass to increase the value of the pick
But again interested at what price?
This draft apparently is not considered great regarding top prospects, that's the reason why the bears couldn't get much from the Panthers

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rumor has Texas not drafting a QB. Doubt that it's true but if it did happen, our offers will be off the wall, with all but one QB being available. Fingers crossed.

Still extremely skeptical that they would pass on a top 2 QB, but that would be best scenario for us. I think we trade with the Raiders if that's the case.

I would be more willing to believe they would trade back for Anderson at a reduced price if they are that much in love with him.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rumor has Texas not drafting a QB. Doubt that it's true but if it did happen, our offers will be off the wall, with all but one QB being available. Fingers crossed.
Houston front office is pretty dumb. Not drafting Young or Stroud because they already have Davis Mills would qualify them for the Bonehead HOF.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston front office is pretty dumb. Not drafting Young or Stroud because they already have Davis Mills would qualify them for the Bonehead HOF.
Agree, you don't pass on a chance to get a potential franchise qb for a different position player. That can set a team back many years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agree, you don't pass on a chance to get a potential franchise qb for a different position player. That can set a team back many years.
Not really. Not anymore. Even missing on a high QB pick is something you can recover from.

Houston has shown that they’re not afraid to earn high picks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s a universe where both Bryce & Stroud end up having better NFL careers than Caleb Williams & Drake Maye & boy, that would be hilarious for Houston’s sake if they really go Will at #2.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not really. Not anymore. Even missing on a high QB pick is something you can recover from.

Houston has shown that they’re not afraid to earn high picks.
Look at Washington….They took Chase Young and could’ve had Justin Herbert. Imagine that d-line, with Scary Terry catching bombs from Herbert.

Cleveland took Myles Garrett #1. That was the Mahomes draft. Now they have Deshaun….Houston would have to take a QB at 12 if they passed on Stroud/Young.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly Will Anderson is #1 on the Texans board. Unless they’re going to draft Hooker at 12….I’d take Stroud/Young (whoever falls to 2) and if it’s Stroud, I’d take Smith-Ngigba to pair with him. DeMeco is a defensive coach but you gotta get a QB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if the Texans were not taking a QB at #2 then they 100% would have signed someone better than Davis Mills. Even now Bridgewater or Ryan are better options and still available. Unless they plan to start Case Keenum.

I just don't see it. But I'm all for it. Would probably benefit the Cards. Having 2 good QB's available at #3 only widens the pool of bidders.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Supposedly Will Anderson is #1 on the Texans board. Unless they’re going to draft Hooker at 12….I’d take Stroud/Young (whoever falls to 2) and if it’s Stroud, I’d take Smith-Ngigba to pair with him. DeMeco is a defensive coach but you gotta get a QB.
I love the attention Hooker is getting. He’s fascinating. You can use the search function on this site to see how Heupel’s offense worked. It was intentionally inordinately simple. The concern with Hooker is can he adapt to a far more complicated NFL system? He’s got the arm, but the learning curve figures to be long and steep. He may not start the first 2 years. Think of the adjustment Trey Lance is trying to make and he came from a more omplex offense.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Make two trades. First, 3rd to Indy for a third round pick. Trade the 4th pick to Tennessee for another 3rd, a 5th and a first next year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the attention Hooker is getting. He’s fascinating. You can use the search function on this site to see how Heupel’s offense worked. It was intentionally inordinately simple. The concern with Hooker is can he adapt to a far more complicated NFL system? He’s got the arm, but the learning curve figures to be long and steep. He may not start the first 2 years. Think of the adjustment Trey Lance is trying to make and he came from a more omplex offense.
I like Hooker and the accuracy he has for a later round pick like our last #3 pick

He may go earlier

Like you said it was a system designed by his coach and that had something to do with it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave