Today’s Chatter Pick 3 (04/06/23)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
All the talk today is there is a bidding war going on for the Cards‘ pick. Indy is definitely one of the teams involved. Don’t assume it will be easy for the Cards to take an Indy deal then move down again. Levis has fallen and there does not seem to be a team interested in paying much to move up to get him. The latest wrinkle is that if the Cards do move to 4, there are several teams willing to move up for Anderson. The catch is these teams are typically not near the top of the draft, which would make the Cards’ first pick considerably weaker. It would be more picks but fewer big hitters. That doesn’t sound attractive to me. The best hope is the Lions really want Anderson. They’d offer both firsts, but they’d want a second back. More likely Cards would hold out for a third.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Instead of giving the second back, how about we give them Hopkins?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make the trade with Indy and with the 4th pick take Anderson. No need to trade down again. Indy will probably take QB Richardson. Just wonder what they will give us for the 3rd pick?
Can you imagine if we traded with Indy to move up, because THEY wanted to draft Anderson? What a gut punch that would be

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the Lions deal either and it has shades of 2003. Like, sure, we'll trade up to your pick, but you have to give us something in return.

The Lions have pick #6 and #18. That would be a lot to give up to move up only 2 spots.

If you went off a draft value chart it would be the #4 for the Lions #6 and a third rounder.

However since they would be moving up to get arguably the best player in the draft I guess that the Cardinals could charge a premium.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If we move back to let a team take Anderson in our draft slot I'm gonna be pretty salty. It's one thing if we move back and let someone take a QB, and he gets picked before us, but in our actual slot would bother me.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch the draft at this point. Found out today I have osteonecrosis of my left hip (not even the side I broke!) and surgery might be on the table. A full hip replacement at 36 doesn't sound fun. (Don't mean to derail just don't know where else to put this.)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we move back to let a team take Anderson in our draft slot I'm gonna be pretty salty. It's one thing if we move back and let someone take a QB, and he gets picked before us, but in our actual slot would bother me.

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch the draft at this point. Found out today I have osteonecrosis of my left hip (not even the side I broke!) and surgery might be on the table. A full hip replacement at 36 doesn't sound fun. (Don't mean to derail just don't know where else to put this.)
Damn bro sorry to hear that

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

At that point just schedule surgery for draft day.
Cards get on the clock....as espn breaks for commercial you count back....9, 8, 7, siiiiixx....
Then you wake up the next day to see what happened...no stress...and finding out we screwed the pooch dont hurt so bad because morphine

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Damn man that sucks

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Indy scenario is the best. However if the Lions want to get the #3 pick from the cards I would only agree if the Lions do not take Anderson. If would take a good haul to let this happen

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Indy scenario is the best. However if the Lions want to get the #3 pick from the cards I would only agree if the Lions do not take Anderson. If would take a good haul to let this happen
So lions take a QB, leaving Indy and Seahawks ahead of us. I’m betting all I got one of those two takes Anderson.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Make the trade with Indy and with the 4th pick take Anderson. No need to trade down again. Indy will probably take QB Richardson. Just wonder what they will give us for the 3rd pick?
Should be a strong return with several other teams preferring the 3rd pick and with the 4th losing perceived value. Maybe a 2nd & 3rd this year and the same in 2024. One guy even thought the Cards might just get a 2024 1st instead of multiple picks. Indy is caught in a tough place if they want the #3 QB.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
The Lions have pick #6 and #18. That would be a lot to give up to move up only 2 spots.

If you went off a draft value chart it would be the #4 for the Lions #6 and a third rounder.

However since they would be moving up to get arguably the best player in the draft I guess that the Cardinals could charge a premium.
The draft value chart rarely is applied to top 5 picks.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Should be a strong return with several other teams preferring the 3rd pick and with the 4th losing perceived value. Maybe a 2nd & 3rd this year and the same in 2024. One guy even thought the Cards might just get a 2024 1st instead of multiple picks. Indy is caught in a tough place if they want the #3 QB.
I always thought there would be a lot of demand for the pick with the interest in Richardson. What would/could Vegas offer that would be worth giving up Anderson?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oy. Hope all goes well there, Solar. That sucks.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That would be incredible. I just don’t see more than a couple of third round picks but I like to keep expectations low lol

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That would be incredible. I just don’t see more than a couple of third round picks but I like to keep expectations low lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson