Ex-Cardinals VP Terry McDonough accuses Bidwill of cheating

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
another observation:

Mike is a lawyer. To suspend Keim and then have your employees use burner phones to talk to him feels like Keystone cops.

If a lawyer wanted to get around a suspension -- it would have been a far more sophisticated scheme with plausible deniability.

and it definitely wouldn't involve yelling at employees when they don't go along with your scheme.
You don't want a criminal Lawyer Mr. White you want a Criminal Lawyer!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
another observation:

Mike is a lawyer. To suspend Keim and then have your employees use burner phones to talk to him feels like Keystone cops.

If a lawyer wanted to get around a suspension -- it would have been a far more sophisticated scheme with plausible deniability.

and it definitely wouldn't involve yelling at employees when they don't go along with your scheme.
It's funny that people think lawyers are smart. Like every other profession in the world 80% of attorneys are mediocre humans at best.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This isn’t going to force Michael to sell the team, but it’s hilarious that people come out of the woodwork to forgive and deny any negative report about Michael Bidwill of all people.
It’s one thing if he ya know was actually winning games. Dude’s a loser both on and off the field. Not sure why anyone would voluntarily go to bat for him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
It's funny that people think lawyers are smart. Like every other profession in the world 80% of attorneys are mediocre humans at best.
its more about process Mao

as an analog: a CPA can still be stupid enough to take money from their company, its just that it there would be more to it that writing themselves a check

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This isn’t going to force Michael to sell the team, but it’s hilarious that people come out of the woodwork to forgive and deny any negative report about Michael Bidwill of all people.
You’re right that this on it’s own won’t force them to sell. But Goodell, media, and the genera public will add it to the list. Eventually if you’re not winning games a straw breaks the camel’s back.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Well this post seems to be degenerating into a referendum on Bidwill, so full disclosure...I'm on the "I like Mike" side. He's done a lot for the city of Phoenix with the new stadium that his dad couldn't get built, the Superbowls, and support of area charities.

Saying this, he's done a lousy job running the team. Hopefully, the new administration will show improvement. Hope springs eternal for a Cardinal fan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling the Cardinals are following the same path the Suns have taken.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This will probably just result in losing draft picks. Who is still supporting this bozo?

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Deleted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230404_161302_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230404_161302_Twitter.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 31

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've heard this tune before with Robert Sarver.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would like to thank my second favorite sports franchise for having all of the same vibes as my first favorite franchise.

Arizona can be soooooo...... Sheesh.

This has all of the same vibes as the first days of the Sarver reports. Over the next two years it will all come out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank my second favorite sports franchise for having all of the same vibes as my first favorite franchise.

Arizona can be soooooo...... Sheesh.

This has all of the same vibes as the first days of the Sarver reports. Over the next two years it will all come out.

Usually, there is smoke before the fire.

Reactions: PJ1

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what? An accusation from a bitter former employee that they broke a self imposed suspension?

It wasn't an league suspension so I'm not sure why the league would be bothered by it 5 years later and potentially create negative headlines for themselves.

I'd be amazed if this goes any further.

Here you go:

:koolaid:

But seriously, I am not impressed with the Cardinals response to this. Instead of just denying the allegations, they chose to engage in a smear campaign, attacking the accuser on a personal level, pointing out problems in his personal life, family problems, the problems "that afflict him", etc. That type of an attack on the accuser, aka an ad hominem attack, tells me that the Cardinals are trying to divert attention away from the allegations against them and take down the accuser. It indicates to me that the Cardinals have something to hide.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
another observation:

You are giving attorneys waaaaaaaaaay too much credit. There are PLENTY of ones that do stupid, and often unethical things.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Yes!!!! This is the way to new ownership and like to add that he is also…. racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, and not nice!