Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Ravens just made OBJ an offer. Amount wasn't made clear, however he was asking for 15 mil for one year. He is dreaming of course.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
If cutting DHop with a post June 1st designation saves us 19MM against the cap, which can be rolled over to next year, I think it's a real possibility that he gets cut. I'd rather have 19MM in cap space to sign a replacement WR this year or next year, than trade DHop to save 8MM in cap space this year along with a 4th or 5th round draft choice.

What's more valuable, the additional 11MM in cap space or the 4th or 5th round draft choice this year?

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If cutting DHop with a post June 1st designation saves us 19MM against the cap, which can be rolled over to next year, I think it's a real possibility that he get cut. I'd rather have 19MM in cap space to sign a replacement WR this year or next year, than trade DHop to save 8MM in cap space this year along with a 4th or 5th round draft choice.

What's more valuable, the additional 11MM in cap space or the 4th or 5th round draft choice this year?
Good observation

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This would be the dumbest timeline if we release him.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If cutting DHop with a post June 1st designation saves us 19MM against the cap, which can be rolled over to next year, I think it's a real possibility that he get cut. I'd rather have 19MM in cap space to sign a replacement WR this year or next year, than trade DHop to save 8MM in cap space this year along with a 4th or 5th round draft choice.

How about keeping him on the team against his wishes? He knows if he plays well he's more likely to get traded. The pro-trade argument is "well yeah Hopkins is still elite, but we have to get some return on him while we can". If we can't get a return, just find a way to keep him; he is still incredibly valuable to the team.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Man for a team that is "not interested" there is sure alot of BS coming out of NE regarding Dhop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he gets cut he’s more likely to get the contract he wants. More suitors because no trade comp.

Which is exactly why he wouldn't get cut.

One of those teams that want him would rather give up a pick and know what price they are paying (which is a very reasonable $17m per year) than get in a bidding war with multiple other teams.

Otherwise known the the "Keim Hudson manoeuvre"

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I keep D-Hop. If they are going to trade him it would have to be a minimum of a second rounder. We are in the drivers seat. We have a top five receiver and those don’t grow on trees.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So he is assuming someone will be desperate as Keim?

Here's hoping :cheers:

Shoild be paying a chunk of his salary to nove him for a decent pick.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I expect the trade to happen in the draft if it happens. It depends if Hop decided to stay in his mind. He has to want to play here; a big principle of MO who made that quite clear.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect the trade to happen in the draft if it happens. It depends if Hop decided to stay in his mind. He has to want to play here; a big principle of MO who made that quite clear.
I agree. It'll be on day 2 in the 2nd or 3rd round when a team sees their players off the board.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder if he travels have been around to get physicals. That’s the big holdup I imagine in getting a deal done on draft day.

The Hollywood Brown trade was agreed to in January.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Wolfe literally says that exact same thing on his show at noon and 2 hours later Johnny posts it like it's his thought. I don't believe that this is what is happening with DHop but man Johnny is a hack.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember some in this thread giving me grief when I said the Patriots were not sold on Mac and it was one reason why I didn't see Hopkins as an option.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was O'Brien named GM in New England?
You do realize he was also a GM in Houston right? To imply that Bill wasn't a key decision maker in this process, or that his word/feelings on the player wouldn't have some sway in NE is naïve at best.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You do realize he was also a GM in Houston right? To imply that Bill wasn't a key decision maker in this process, or that his word/feelings on the player wouldn't have some sway in NE is naïve at best.

To suggest, as the previous post did, that he has the final say in New England is, how could I put it... mistaken at best.

Further, O'Brien's opinion of Dhop wearing a GM's hat, as he did, and now in NE could be quite different.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To suggest, as the previous post did, that he has the final say in New England is, how could I put it... mistaken at best.

Further, O'Brien's opinion of Dhop wearing a GM's hat, as he did, and now in NE could be quite different.
I never said he had final say, but okay.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson