More Reason To Take Jalen Carter Off The Board

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Out of shape at Georgia Pro Day and now refusing to meet with teams outside of the top 10. This guy still doesn’t get it after all that has already happened. Please take him off the board completely

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Out of shape at Georgia Pro Day and now refusing to meet with teams outside of the top 10. This guy still doesn’t get it after all that has already happened. Please take him off the board completely

Agreed. So stupid, especially when some of those teams might have been considering trading up into the top 10 to get him.

If he can’t be bothered to go through the process, nevermind.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's going in the top 8 IMO. And I would still draft him over anyone but Anderson when faced with our roster dilemma's.

I may consider moving back though if the price was right and we couldn't have Anderson.
A dream scenario: (for me)

1. Stroud/Young.
2. Anderson.
3. Trade to the 7-9 range and pick up another first+second and change.
4. Hope Carter is there, he has his head on straight and becomes an All-Pro player.
5. Draft OL/CB with the rest of the rounds 1,2,3.
6. Be on your way to success in 2024.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A dream scenario: (for me)

1. Stroud/Young.
2. Anderson.
3. Trade to the 7-9 range and pick up another first+second and change.
4. Hope Carter is there, he has his head on straight and becomes an All-Pro player.
5. Draft OL/CB with the rest of the rounds 1,2,3.
6. Be on your way to success in 2024.
Your dream is a nightmare for me :D

It's not just that I want Anderson. I wouldn't take Carter in the 1st, maybe even 2nd rounds, or at all. I had my doubts before all his problems. Now those doubts have grown.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

It's not just that I want Anderson. I wouldn't take Carter in the 1st, maybe even 2nd rounds, or at all. I had my doubts before all his problems. Now those doubts have grown.

Not only the doubts about his character, but his production wasn’t even that good this season:
  • SOLO
  • SACK
  • FF

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To each their own.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They guy was driving, clearly racing, and there was a fatal accident that killed two people. He has to feel responsible for their deaths. Sure, he got a slap on the wrist and that was that legally. He can move right on with life.

But, I believe he is mind-effed about that accident and it is affecting his thinking. If he doesn't get some help (and maybe he is, IDK) he could flame out.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you could land Anderson at 4 and Carter at 34 and have Indys pick at 35 and take John Michael Schmitz, this would be one heck of a start!

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Agreed. Gannon and the entire young coaching staff will already have numerous issues to deal with this season. The red flags are too numerous with Carter.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, if it falls like that, I would indeed be sore tempted for us to take Carter on a flier.
I'd only do it if we had those two 2nds. Otherwise, I wouldn't take the risk either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Being out of shape before the draft is a huge warning sign even leaving everything else out of the equation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is the reason to take him off of the board? He has legitimate reasons for apprehension, but this one is absurd. He is following the advice of arguably the best agent in the game in Drew Rosenhaus.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He only said that because a top10 team promised to draft him. Same thing Ayton did.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Nkemdieche v2
Beat me to it. I know this is a different regime, but this has Nkemdiche all over it, and I'd hope that Monti knows better than to use a premier pick on a guy who has similar red flags. This rarely ends well for the team