Nuggets @ Suns Friday game thread 3-31-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns simply cannot get outworked by another team and turn the ball over. This is a recipe for disaster.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about the 3rd quarter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. He was totally listless tonight. I don't know if they guy likes playing basketball.

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I do believe the game doesn't come natural to Ayton.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The good? The bad? Did we control the game?
We were up by 27 at one point, nuggets brought it back down to a 4pt lead. Booker got his average but took a lot more shots to do so. Bench only combined for 16pts total. KD was very efficient, Okogie was hot from deep and Ayton did his David Blaine thing again, there one minute...

Also no Landale, no Shamet, no Ish, no Lee, and no Bazley tonight

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The good news is the Suns are still in 4th place with two fewer losses than the Clippers and Warriors.
Apparently, our magic number is three to hold onto 4th place. So just have to go 3-3 the rest of the way. I don't think it will be an issue.

ETA: That included this one. So just need two more wins in the last 5.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton’s last 5 games:

12.7 ppg, 7.8 rebounds, .8 blocks.

And he looks every part of those weak numbers. He’s got to be better if this team has any hope to win even one round of the playoffs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got way to sloppy and relaxed when up big then started throwing up bricks and not playing defense. No less in the NBA is enough anymore with the way teams shoot 3s have to keep your foot on the gas! They thought the Nugz was just gonna roll over after getting throttled in the first half… they didn’t guys that rarely get to play will play hard to earn some playing time. Almost caught napping on what should have been an easy win like the first half! Wake the hell up guys let’s head into playoffs playing our best ball not letting up geesh…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton’s last 5 games:

12.7 ppg, 7.8 rebounds, .8 blocks.

And he looks every part of those weak numbers. He’s got to be better if this team has any hope to win even one round of the playoffs.

I'm surprised he even averages .8 blocks. Outside of all other issues with him he never seems to try and stop a shot. Even when he's on he doesn't contest shots with any expectations he'll swat it. Like he's content putting his hand in the shooters face rather than trying to swat the ball. Always frustrated me and he's seemingly grown less aggressive in that regard.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised he even averages .8 blocks. Outside of all other issues with him he never seems to try and stop a shot. Even when he's on he doesn't contest shots with any expectations he'll swat it. Like he's content putting his hand in the shooters face rather than trying to swat the ball. Always frustrated me and he's seemingly grown less aggressive in that regard.
Preaching to the choir here, Hoop.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Was at the game tonight. A few observations.
1. Turnovers - I thought KD and Book forced it to Biz, this is team chemistry. Biz is open but he has bad hands and is limited offensively. This is just testing to see what our players can do. Biz, is great defensively. He adds nothing to the offensive.

2. The University of Robert Sarver fans or graduates of The University of Robert Sarver Tucson are so sensitive with Ayton, this is called cognitive bias. No one hate Ayton as a person, but there is something to question about being a true professional at one's craft, he gets a pass for not being engaged, or you hate him or he will turn it on. Maybe, but he is a professional and doesn't act like one. Now I know the Foaminites will attack me, but a professional doesn't just engage when ever the **** they feel like it, they work on their craft. If a Sarver grad said he that's not fair he did x in 2021, that might be reasonable, but my expectation as a season ticket holder is that you act professional and don't pick and choose when to do your job, which pays you tens of millions of dollars per year.

Now we are not stupid, DA and most NBA players are just really dumb genetic freaks. Basketball in toto is not a thinking man's sport. I can't really blame a man who's IQ is equivalent of a horse.

3. Book started being sloppy, and it's so clear who much better KD is than Book. Book is our Walter Davis. He is great but limited. KD is on another level, I think he missed three shots and two of them were level 10 difficulty.

4. JO, I like him as the starter, he is getting better at the corner three and his defense is spectacular.

This team out together an amazing half, they are still working things out. Loser media were saying that KD's game earlier this week was the new normal, those people are dumb.

5. Let's let the Suns finish the season and we will have a decent understanding where the SUns stand. I have zero doubt there will be changes to build the roster around what we have now, KD and Book. Next year is probably more realistic for the chip.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose