Name three Suns with the worst +/- stat this season

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
Among those on the current roster and playing meaningful minutes, so Saben Lee does not count.

Don’t cheat and look it up.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess Torrey Craig and Ish Wainwright for two of them and then Damion or maybe Shamet if he has enough minutes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess possibly DA?
I wouldn't have thought of DA but I guess all those minutes he played when we were missing Booker and a bunch of other players could have left his +/- looking bad. Same with Mikal come to think of it. They're probably weak from a league-wide perspective but I don't know if they'd be near the bottom of our roster.

OP
OP
D

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
Let’s say we only include those with over 300 played minutes, so Saben Lee is out, Ross is also out, although he would have been in the bottom 3 for sure. Shamet is in.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s say we only include those with over 300 played minutes, so Saben Lee is out, Ross is also out, although he would have been in the bottom 3 for sure. Shamet is in.
The more I think about it the more I believe Mikal and Ayton have to be close to the bottom as they logged the most minutes for us during the stretch when we were having to start or rotate in players that are barely NBA level and were getting outscored almost every night.

I still think Craig and Ish will be near the bottom too (they also logged a lot of time) but Saric and Shamet can't be far away. IOW, I think this is one of those years when +/- tells us very little about the players. I'd also guess that Okogie and to a lesser extent Damion Lee, also have better plus/minus numbers than their current play would suggest since they were logging a lot of minutes at the same time they were playing their best. So while they hurt us now, they were each critical during an earlier stretch even though we still lost most of those games.

OP
OP
D

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I believe Mikal and Ayton have to be close to the bottom as they logged the most minutes for us during the stretch when we were having to start or rotate in players that are barely NBA level and were getting outscored almost every night.

I still think Craig and Ish will be near the bottom too (they also logged a lot of time) but Saric and Shamet can't be far away. IOW, I think this is one of those years when +/- tells us very little about the players. I'd also guess that Okogie and to a lesser extent Damion Lee, also have better plus/minus numbers than their current play would suggest since they were logging a lot of minutes at the same time they were playing their best. So while they hurt us now, they were each critical during an earlier stretch even though we still lost most of those games.
I edited my post to state that only players on the current roster are included.

Mikal actually has a positive +/- and is in the middle of the pack. Saric would have been in the bottom 3. And surprisingly, the best is actually CamJ, significantly better than Book, but within a smaller sample, of course.

Oh, and I definitely agree with you that the stat might be somewhat misleading this year.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know as a team the Suns are in the top 10. 3 players come to mind because of fouls and/or turnovers. Ross and Craig? They seem to commit a bunch of fouls on shots. Possibly Ayton? He seems to turn over the ball much with his stone hands.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to use tonight....

Craig team leading -12
Ayton -3
Booker +10

Payne +17 is one I might be wrong in

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it could be Shamet, he missed too many games and it is a cumulative stat.

I was trying to think of guys that played a ton while the team was in that putrid stretch without Booker, Paul and Cam.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think it could be Shamet, he missed too many games and it is a cumulative stat.

I was trying to think of guys that played a ton while the team was in that putrid stretch without Booker, Paul and Cam.
You make a point. I was considering Payne but didn't want to copy you lol.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton, Craig, and Landale?

Guessing on Jock, figured I'd name him since no one else has.

Odd anyone would guess Mikal given he had one of the best on off splits in the league over the last few years, if my memory is correct. I'm fairly certain he was the best on the team last year. This year has been wonky though.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the answer now, not that surprising. Won't reveal it but wanted to share this because it made me laugh.

Jokic has an interesting cumulative +/- right now.
You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton, Craig, and Landale?

Guessing on Jock, figured I'd name him since no one else has.

Odd anyone would guess Mikal given he had one of the best on off splits in the league over the last few years, if my memory is correct. I'm fairly certain he was the best on the team last year. This year has been wonky though.
I didn't really think Mikal would be one of the worst 3, just suggested he and Ayton would be close to it because they logged a lot of minutes when we were missing 3 to 7 of our best players every night. And that's especially true of Bridges.

Mikal has been our best plus/minus player the past few years but this year he played injured for about 6 weeks (that's a guess based on watching him play and his stats, offense and defense). Intersecting with that time would have been the stretch where we were so shorthanded.

Anyway, my guess would be Craig, Ayton and Shamet. I think Saric would probably be there too if he were still with us. And whatever Mikal and DA's ranking is, I'd wager their plus/minus is down considerably this year from the past few years.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed the person that posted this only has 7 posts. Maybe a drive by posting. LOL.
So, I looked it up but it does include guys no longer here.

Putting this in Spoiler tags in case people still want to play.

Players+/-
Kevin Durant15.3
Cameron Johnson5.7
Devin Booker4.2
T.J. Warren4.2
Jock Landale2.2
Ish Wainright1.8
Cameron Payne1.6
Damion Lee1.4
Josh Okogie1.4
Chris Paul0.8
Mikal Bridges0.8