Durant to Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea-- they sacrificed their future for an washed up bum who is hurt all the time.

Fire the GM over this already, unless he can talk a team likethe Bulls into taking KD for a young talent like Patrick Williams

I think it was a bad trade but this would make it 10 times worse. Patrick Williams? Come on. You've lost any credibility you might have had by suggesting such an awful move.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was a bad trade but this would make it 10 times worse. Patrick Williams? Come on. You've lost any credibility you might have had by suggesting such an awful move.
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm. Man I hope that was sarcasm.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well, the logical forecast is that, indeed, "the sky is falling"

the last thing i predicted before i checked out a couple of months ago was that Booker was going to try to do too much, re-injure his hamstring/groin and miss a lot of time.

and i said all along that a Durant trade would be a disaster

a new, irrationally exuberant owner gave the Nets everything they had wanted 6 months ago, despite the fact that the Nets were now more desperate and Bridges was finally becoming an offensive stud!

-- despite the fact that Durant missed, what, about half of his games with the Nets?, was a year older and injured again when we traded for him

-- despite the fact that Paul and Booker are high risks for injuries (and Ayton is a little higher than average injury risk) -- and the odds are that either Paul, Booker, Ayton, or Durant will be injured in the playoffs. AND WE NEED THEM ALL to validate trading away our next 6 years for a 2023 championship

all we had to do was trade for a stud with our picks without losing Bridges and we would have still had a shot AND a future

and now i'm checking out again
but i'll leave one bonus thought...

the Mavs game was an eye-opener regarding the new referee standards that make it impossible to guard pushy players. No wonder Luka is the NBA's top scorer. What he does is bump, bump, bump and shoot. By that third bump the defensive player naturally leans forward to hold his ground. Luka gets the shot and the foul.

it's Luka's league now and a much harder game to watch. just awful. At least i was happy Cuban paired Luka with Kyrie because i predicted that would awful too

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
well, the logical forecast is that, indeed, "the sky is falling"

the last thing i predicted before i checked out a couple of months ago was that Booker was going to try to do too much, re-injure his hamstring/groin and miss a lot of time.

and i said all along that a Durant trade would be a disaster

a new, irrationally exuberant owner gave the Nets everything they had wanted 6 months ago, despite the fact that the Nets were now more desperate and Bridges was finally becoming an offensive stud!

-- despite the fact that Durant missed, what, about half of his games with the Nets?, was a year older and injured again when we traded for him

-- despite the fact that Paul and Booker are high risks for injuries (and Ayton is a little higher than average injury risk) -- and the odds are that either Paul, Booker, Ayton, or Durant will be injured in the playoffs. AND WE NEED THEM ALL to validate trading away our next 6 years for a 2023 championship

all we had to do was trade for a stud with our picks without losing Bridges and we would have still had a shot AND a future

and now i'm checking out again
but i'll leave one bonus thought...

the Mavs game was an eye-opener regarding the new referee standards that make it impossible to guard pushy players. No wonder Luka is the NBA's top scorer. What he does is bump, bump, bump and shoot. By that third bump the defensive player naturally leans forward to hold his ground. Luka gets the shot and the foul.

it's Luka's league now and a much harder game to watch. just awful. At least i was happy Cuban paired Luka with Kyrie because i predicted that would awful too
You’re quite the predictor! Any chance you wanna take a shot at the Powerball numbers tomorrow night? LOL..

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You’re quite the predictor! Any chance you wanna take a shot at the Powerball numbers tomorrow night? LOL..
nope. can't predict random events. but indeed, i've got an excellent track record of common sense observations that are too unfiltered for a few of the in-crowd here.

so, if the Suns win it all this year i'll be happy to drop back in to say, "i was wrong." Otherwise, my next 4 words will sadly be just another, "i told you so"

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The first rd is going to be the trial run for the team to get acquainted. Shouldn’t be a stressful time for us fans at all.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even when I agree with some things 2Sun says, he's insufferable. The last thing this board needs is someone who only pops in occasionally to say "told you so", especially when that person doesn't have the backbone to stick around for well rounded discussions. No one who is a true fan should hope their predictions over future success for the team, IMO. I'm not saying anyone is a lesser fan, I just don't get how anyone can root for failure simply because that success came as a surprise.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even when I agree with some things 2Sun says, he's insufferable. The last thing this board needs is someone who only pops in occasionally to say "told you so", especially when that person doesn't have the backbone to stick around for well rounded discussions. No one who is a true fan should hope their predictions over future success for the team, IMO. I'm not saying anyone is a lesser fan, I just don't get how anyone can root for failure simply because that success came as a surprise.
"2sun," "insufferable," "no backbone," "someone this board doesn't need" -- case in point.
you're nasty

at 64 i've been diagnosed with one heart attack and the same heart issues that killed my dad at 70
there are stresses that can't be avoided in life
you're not one of them
i've already said too much

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This has become the annoying trend of social media for me, reaction type media. People have gone and made their content already then someone uses that content for their benefit. Sorry end of rant.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"2sun," "insufferable," "no backbone," "someone this board doesn't need" -- case in point.
you're nasty

at 64 i've been diagnosed with one heart attack and the same heart issues that killed my dad at 70
there are stresses that can't be avoided in life
you're not one of them
i've already said too much
I've had to put someone on "ignore" for similar health reasons and it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. If it raises your stress level, you're better off taking a board vacation or using the ignore feature.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree that he can be insufferable at times but let's cut back on the nick names.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had to put someone on "ignore" for similar health reasons and it doesn't matter who is right or wrong. If it raises your stress level, you're better off taking a board vacation or using the ignore feature.
I had to stop participating in the Politics forum. My blood pressure is better off. LOL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this makes fans feel better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple years later after 1suns banning, all of us are still recovering from his antics.

Geez....

Honestly I started calling him 2Sun well before 1Sun was ever banned. Since both their usernames start with the number 1 and he'd often agree with 1Sun, even going so far as claiming he was one of the better posters here and saying he was often criticized unfairly, I found the 2Sun name very fitting.

I'll do by best to refrain from using the 2Sun name in the future though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Luckily KD is probably the most mellow superstar in the game. He doesn’t really whine or wear emotions on his sleeve. He’s just a “hooper” as they say. I think his demeanor will bode well for the team given the funk they’re currently in. Oh and he’s decent at basketball as well.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Luckily KD is probably the most mellow superstar in the game. He doesn’t really whine or wear emotions on his sleeve. He’s just a “hooper” as they say.

Huh? He's infamous for using burner accounts to argue anonymously against his social media naysayers. He never smiles and struggles to make eye contact. Teammates are quick to praise his basketball skill, but rarely talk about him as a person. I guess that makes him just a "hooper," but to me it's cold and empty.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it has nothing to do witht he sky falling...and everything to do with it being a bad trade

I share your sentiments. But I am holding my tongue as we wait to see how this plays out this year when KD and Ayton come back. if we don't at least get to the Finals, I will be moaning and groaning about the loss of many key pieces, McGee, Crowder, Bridges, Johnson and Saric and how it imploded our defense and future. But for now, we just have to wait and see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although the roles are reversed, a trade that reminds me a bit of the trade for Kevin Durant is when the Suns traded Larry Nance to the Cavaliers.

The Suns needed talent to rebuild, while the Cavaliers wanted to be a contender in the East. Both sides appeared to get what they wanted.

This is a snippet from a Bright Side of the Sun article By Ray Hrovat @EastBayRaymundo May 18, 2017, 12:00pm MST:

The Suns gave Nance, bit player Mike Sanders and a 1988 first round pick to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Kevin Johnson, Mark West, Tyrone Corbin, a 1988 first round pick and two second rounders. The swap of first rounders moved the Suns from #22 up to #14, where they selected Dan Majerle.

In one trade, the Suns acquired two future Ring of Honor players in KJ and Majerle, another long-term starter in the underrated West, plus solid role player Corbin.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something to watch while we wait. Didnt know where to post this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose