What I Believe About the New Administration

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Because of that and 4 qbs could go top 5 and all the misses, chances to get the next big qb over the years; it keeps making sense to draft a quarterback and high pick 1st or 2nd day. I'm tired of watching other teams get Herbert, Allen Mahomes while Cards take someone 5 9 or just sit there, don't get aggressive enough. Look no further than all that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Because of that and 4 qbs could go top 5 and all the misses, chances to get the next big qb over the years; it keeps making sense to draft a quarterback. Tired of watching other teams get Herbert, Allen Mahomes while Cards take someone 5 9 or just sit there, don't get aggressive enough. Look no further than all that.
What other QBs have San Diego, Buffalo and KC drafted early, in the years immediately preceding, or since, the QBs you mentioned? Are they drafting one every year, as you suggest?

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry Stout but Conservative is Bill Belichick and the Patriots. That is the essence of GM's Monti's career.
Your comment about Monti and his background with NE spot on! It echo's exactly what I said about a week ago. I could go on and on, but it's time to start work. Well done and stay grounded!

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’ve always used a 30/30/30 approach, or something similar. 30 days to assess what’s wrong and come up with a plan, 30 days to implement the plan, and then 30 days to review and tweak for additional improvement and growth.
I just complemented one of our associates being spot on regarding Monti. You deserve the same compliment! Very well said and all together true. When you walk into chaos as we apparently both know your approach is a Peter Drucker 101 way of tackling the problem whether it be an NFL team or a company that make hula hoops!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Your comment about Monti and his background with NE spot on! It echo's exactly what I said about a week ago. I could go on and on, but it's time to start work. Well done and stay grounded!
Others have already undermined this theory. Oh, I don't doubt Monti wants to be like NE, but he will fail at it. Why? Because it doesn't work without Bellicheck and a HoF GOAT QB. The "Patriot Way" has failed everywhere else. And it has failed since Brady left. So, yeah, great idea lol

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
What other QBs have San Diego, Buffalo and KC drafted early, in the years immediately preceding, or since, the QBs you mentioned? Are they drafting one every year, as you suggest?
This team has had chances to do stuff, stop defending the fact that
What other QBs have San Diego, Buffalo and KC drafted early, in the years immediately preceding, or since, the QBs you mentioned? Are they drafting one every year, as you

More defense of a team I'll never understand. Cut the sharp shooter garbage..this team has been terrible drafting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conservative does not work in the NFL. Conservative gets you five-year rebuilds. I get being wary and rebuilding properly, but a conservative approach takes more than a year or two; a bold approach can turn a team around swiftly. And I don't think they're really sticking to their conservative plan well enough anyway. Could be wrong and hope I am :shrugs:
You don’t build a house by starting with the roof. I’m not happy to be going through this.
Three years ago things seem to be on an upswing. Then after the collapse in 2021 we did NOTHING! We just came off a playoff appearance and yet I predicted no more than 6 wins. WHY?
Because most of us seen we were going backwards. We didnt add to the team we actually lost players like Kirk and Edmonds. Green was back. Murray was crying and the 3 K boys all got contract extensions.
This new regime took over a house that was burnt to the ground. No grade can be given to these guys 2 weeks into the new season. Bad contracts, unhappy players, a QB out for who knows how long, a Wr room full of smurfs, 1 decent running back, a questionable o-line, virtually no d-line and no cornerbacks.
And yet there are people here that think we are not doing enough. We can’t fix this in 2023. We HAVE to go backwards to move forward. Signing Allen and Murphy would not have made a bit of difference this year.

It’s sad watching many here dissecting everything this new regime is doing wrong. The really CAN’T do wrong this year. They have to finish knocking down the walls of this decrepit organization and start over.
You don’t pay off debt by borrowing more money. Let these guys do their job.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Because of that and 4 qbs could go top 5 and all the misses, chances to get the next big qb over the years; it keeps making sense to draft a quarterback and high pick 1st or 2nd day. I'm tired of watching other teams get Herbert, Allen Mahomes while Cards take someone 5 9 or just sit there, don't get aggressive enough. Look no further than all that.
Didn’t the Patriots do this at times with JG and Matt Castle? It worked out for them.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
This team has had chances to do stuff, stop defending the fact that

More defense of a team I'll never understand. Cut the sharp shooter garbage..this team has been terrible drafting.
Ok, so your answer is those teams, even when there were doubts about their QBs (Allen after 2 years and now a little this off-season...and Herbert in 2 of his seasons) they didn't draft another QB....got it. It matters not, what you or I think and feel about Kyler. It only matters what the team thinks. They think he's still the answer, so they will not draft a QB to be a replacement, just like the other teams you mentioned.

PS, I'm not saying the Cards should or shouldn't...I'm saying the examples you used show that teams who believe they have a QB, even when there are some seeds of doubt, don't do as you say and keep drafting QBs.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, so your answer is those teams, even when there were doubts about their QBs (Allen after 2 years and now a little this off-season...and Herbert in 2 of his seasons) they didn't draft another QB....got it. It matters not, what you or I think and feel about Kyler. It only matters what the team thinks. They think he's still the answer, so they will not draft a QB to be a replacement, just like the other teams you mentioned.

PS, I'm not saying the Cards should or shouldn't...I'm saying the examples you used show that teams who believe they have a QB, even when there are some seeds of doubt, don't do as you say and keep drafting QBs.
In the NFL a FO either gets it done or they don't. It's all about the quarterback and if someone is already who they are...

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I’m confused what they are doing so far. I wanted complete change and I got it. Now I’m holding my breath to see what the plan is. So far it seems the only plan is not to spend money.
For myself it appears they're not signing any talent - which could be seen as not spending any money

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You don’t build a house by starting with the roof. I’m not happy to be going through this.
Three years ago things seem to be on an upswing. Then after the collapse in 2021 we did NOTHING! We just came off a playoff appearance and yet I predicted no more than 6 wins. WHY?
Because most of us seen we were going backwards. We didnt add to the team we actually lost players like Kirk and Edmonds. Green was back. Murray was crying and the 3 K boys all got contract extensions.
This new regime took over a house that was burnt to the ground. No grade can be given to these guys 2 weeks into the new season. Bad contracts, unhappy players, a QB out for who knows how long, a Wr room full of smurfs, 1 decent running back, a questionable o-line, virtually no d-line and no cornerbacks.
And yet there are people here that think we are not doing enough. We can’t fix this in 2023. We HAVE to go backwards to move forward. Signing Allen and Murphy would not have made a bit of difference this year.

It’s sad watching many here dissecting everything this new regime is doing wrong. The really CAN’T do wrong this year. They have to finish knocking down the walls of this decrepit organization and start over.
Perfectly put...good for you.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

The unsettling part for me is none have them have ever done their (new) job.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
  1. They are very conservative
  2. They think long term, never short term
  3. They understand the cap
  4. They have a good handle on Bidwill
  5. They value team players over stars, who can be obstacles
  6. They will tell would be stars whatever lets them manipulate those players
  7. They are very self-confident
  8. They believe if they’re not the smartest guys in the room; they’re close
  9. They are positive they can fix the Cards
  10. They have a very specific plan, but they don’t intend to share
I feel they have shown that 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 have proven to be true. Arrogant and unproven can be a very unpredictable mix.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s too early to judge that. A total culture change takes a new philosophy going forward. They are stripping down this rotten house down to the studs! And yes the Patriots operated this way for years, but with two GOATS at the helm.

Let’s put it this way I trust Monti’s philosophy & path on building a consistent long term winner more than Keims
I trust my dogs philosophy and path on building a consistent long term winner more than Keim’s. Doesn’t mean that would be a wise choice.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Instead of conservative, I’d say prudent and deliberate.

Where this team is now, using free agency to just plug holes, while building through the draft is smart. In a year or two is when you maybe look for the dynamic playmakers to come in and take you over the top or to the next level. If free agency were still after the draft, we’d have almost nothing to complain about with this plan…lol

Regardless of tank, or no tank…I expect this team to play hard all season and not quit.
I love the gameplan to not add “dynamic playmakers” whenever they might be available. Luxury players.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
@Harry, do you believe they want to get #1 pick in 2024 and Rosen-a-Murray soon?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I think several teams have tried to emulate the New England Patriots way of doing things. Unfortunately no one has drafted Tom Brady yet.
I think this has been more because of who's in charge, not the outline or the plan. The coaches on BB's tree are not BB. They don't have the cache or carry themselves in a way he can and does. This is why they fail. If they tried to actually emulate the Patriots way of drafting and running the front office, but with their own personalities and coaching styles, IMO they'd be much more successful.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think this has been more because of who's in charge, not the outline or the plan. The coaches on BB's tree are not BB. They don't have the cache or carry themselves in a way he can and does. This is why they fail. If they tried to actually emulate the Patriots way of drafting and running the front office, but with their own personalities and coaching styles, IMO they'd be much more successful.
Plenty of front office executives have been plucked from Foxboro into some other team’s facility and had as much success behind the scenes as, say, Joe Judge had on the sidelines.

Look at Nic Caserio and the model Houston Texans franchise. Our GM couldn’t even hang with these dudes and had to bail out to Tennessee.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Stout but Conservative is Bill Belichick and the Patriots. That is the essence of GM's Monti's career.
You can afford to be conservative when you've feasted at the top forever. We're in the absolute basement grasping for a crumb off of the plate of the Patriots. That word means two different things in context.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

*sings* Happy days are here again, The skies above are clear again, So let's sing a song of cheer again, Happy days are here again!!!

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
The same Bill Belichick and Patriots who set a record for free agent money spent in 2021 at about $160 million? Old dog - new tricks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA