Cardinals sign WR Zach Pascal to a two year deal

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were this true, it would be much worse of a signing and basically giving up at the position. If this JAG is playing as #2...oof.

Thankfully I don't think the team is trying to put that much on the kid's shoulders. Cheap solid depth that can play special teams. In that frame, it would be an okay signing.
Obviously the offense is going to look a lot different than the college spread stuff that Kliff ran. I expect to see a ton more 12 and 13 personnel in a run heavy offense this coming season. I expect the Cardinals to bring in another FA TE and a draft a TE this year as well.

Pascal adds a physical enforcer at WR that will help in the run game. He runs great routes. Because of these attributes I think he will see more time on the field than many are expecting. A lot of his contributions won't show up on his personal stat sheet. However I would expect a 600yrd 5TD season if you are looking to project stats from him next year. This is assuming that the Cards trade DHop.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The two year trend continues. I like it. If you like the guy he is here for 2 years. If not, you cut him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The hopes on a 150 yard receiver but the urge to trade a pro bowl safety makes so much sense to understand Cardinals fans thinking.

This is why this place sucks so often. Disingenuous crap like this.

Firstly, nobody suggested trading Budda. I posited the idea to see what the general feeling was.

Second, why use Pascal's worst season on a team that uses a bunch of 2 TE and he was stuck behind Brown, Smith and Watkins? He's capable of 600+?

That's rhetorical. I know WHY.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is why this place sucks so often. Disingenuous crap like this.

Firstly, nobody suggested trading Budda. I posited the idea to see what the general feeling was.

Second, why use Pascal's worst season on a team that uses a bunch of 2 TE and he was stuck behind Brown, Smith and Watkins? He's capable of 600+?

That's rhetorical. I know WHY.

Look, I respect you more for how trading Budda may feel thread than defending Pascal in this thread. :cool:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
0% chance of signing Sean Payton as head coach

0% chance of Colts trading up one spot for QB #3

0% chance of DeAndre Hopkins staying in Arizona

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Sorry but this cat has no business being a #1 WR
You must be registered for see images attach

And it's not like he's turned some corner as of late

People talking about how many snaps he's taken, like that's a good thing. While his stats suggest he either can't get open or they don't care when he does? And if he plays slot so much why don't they ever go to him on third and short?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

People talking about how many snaps he's taken, like that's a good thing. While his stats suggest he either can't get open or they don't care when he does? And if he plays slot so much why don't they ever go to him on third and short?
Sorry, but I don't think us, or the coaching staff is looking at him being a #1 WR

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The two year trend continues. I like it. If you like the guy he is here for 2 years. If not, you cut him.
Every single deal is just 2 years on paper (1 year in actuality), which is the right thing to be doing, if you're going to build through the draft for a couple of years. Just 1-2 year FA deals to plug holes.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Which is it? Are you a Raiders or cowboys fan?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA