Cardinals sign WR Zach Pascal to a two year deal

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news, guys: Pascal has been relied on less in each of the past four years. So we have that going for us.

Healthy for 17 games in 2022; targeted 19 times.
And 246 special teams plays last season.

He played 54% of ST snaps and only 29% of offensive snaps. A meh signing to the fullest.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big physical WR who can block. Adds much needed size to the WR room especially if DHop is traded. Pascal made a mistake signing with Philly last season as a FA. When the Eagles traded for AJ Brown it pushed Pascal down the depth chart.

My guess is that the Cards offense will be run heavy similar to the Browns and you need WRs who can block. So I think this is a good signing depending on how much they paid in compensation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the Cards offense will be run heavy similar to the Browns and you need WRs who can block. So I think this is a good signing depending on how much they paid in compensation.
Couldn't be that much.

This dude was just robbed at gunpoint 3 weeks ago.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Got to see the money but I assume it's not a lot.

Solid additional. Reliable WR3 type. Can play outside and inside. Always healthy.

Huge, step up from guys like Tweezy.
If he's WR3, we're in trouble. He's a 4/5. That's okay, as he will be super cheap and we need JAGs to fill out the roster

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he's WR3, we're in trouble. He's a 4/5. That's okay, as he will be super cheap and we need JAGs to fill out the roster
If Hopkins isn't moved

1 Hopkins
2 Brown
3 Moore (be nice, this is on paper)
4 Dortch
5 Pascal

If Hopkins is moved, then Pascal might leap frog Dortch just because if his size, but I would expect another WR broght in too.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Hopkins isn't moved

1 Hopkins
2 Brown
3 Moore (be nice, this is on paper)
4 Dortch
5 Pascal

If Hopkins is moved, then Pascalmigjt leap frog Dortch just because if his size, but I would expect another WR broght in too.

I don't think it's so simple as we don't we have much outside. I think it's more like,

Outside

1. Hopkins
2. Browns
3. Pascal

Inside

1. Moore
2. Dortch

And if Hopkins goes as is likely Pascal is going to play a lot as it stands.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't think it's so simple as we don't we have much outside. I think it's more like,

Outside

1. Hopkins
2. Browns
3. Pascal

Inside

1. Moore
2. Dortch

And if Hopkins goes as is likely Pascal is going to play a lot as it stands.
Were this true, it would be much worse of a signing and basically giving up at the position. If this JAG is playing as #2...oof.

Thankfully I don't think the team is trying to put that much on the kid's shoulders. Cheap solid depth that can play special teams. In that frame, it would be an okay signing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave