Free Agency

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rodney Hudson = gone
Yep it's finally official. Hudson and Watt designated at post June 1st cuts.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As well as having been an All Pro. This is the definition of high risk-high reward, as I mentioned. :)

Have you look at the depth chart, recently? :) Bud Depree would be the best edge rusher immediately.
Did you read what I wrote about Jones? He's cooked my man.

Just because Dupree would be better doesn't mean you add him. He's had significant injuries. And really only one good season. He's just a name at this point.

Reaction score
Surprised they freed cap space but have not been very aggressive!
Are they trying to free up as much cap space as possible to be in a position to restructure Kyler’s deal to take a bigger cap hit on that this year, freeing up some space next year?

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Out of Dupree, Jack and Clowney, who you going with?
I would say probably Dupree, ROC. Clowney could without a doubt have been dominating, but he has never really been that, I think, and it seems too late now. He could be a good complement to someone, though. In many ways I think that Dupree and Clowney are the same type of player, only that Dupree has been very good over a longer time (in a row). I would not mind for example Anderson with Dupree or Clowney on the other side. Right now, though, both would step right into being the best edge rusher on the team (which is a problem).

I am not that big on Myles Jack, and I also think that he would more be a part of the off ball linebacker-group than the edge rushing-group.

Who would you like them to sign, ROC?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Are they trying to free up as much cap space as possible to be in a position to restructure Kyler’s deal to take a bigger cap hit on that this year, freeing up some space next year?
you can accomplish that by carrying unused 2023 cap space into 2024

(disclaimer: while there is much to cap management i get, i am not 100% on rules / limitations on the carry forward concept -- i just know it happens)

and oh-man: are we in for a long season if we watch $20mm of unused cap space just sit there

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just because Dupree would be better doesn't mean you add him. He's had significant injuries. And really only one good season. He's just a name at this point.
What? Being better than others is not a good enough characteristic for a player? I don't really understand. I would like that the Cards have the best possible players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave