Rapoport: Cardinals trading out of #3 very very likely

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did Hump even play in his first year? I don’t recall?

Nope. But when he did start in his 2nd year he missed 11 games. Then in year 3 he missed 7. At that point he was being called injury prone, especially as all his injuries were lower leg.

Then he played 3 full seasons in a row until this last year. You can see it in this thread.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That is trusting that Monti can identify competent players in the draft. Not sure that is a great plan.

Maybe we should’ve elected half of this board as the collective GM’s. It’d cost a lot less and nothing would get done because everyone would just sit around and yell at eachother.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Maybe we should’ve elected half of this board as the collective GM’s. It cost a lot less and nothing would get done because everyone would just sit around and yell at eachother.
All we are saying is give Monti a chance. ~John Lennon paraphrased

*or*
Burn Monti, Michael and Gannon at the stake.

I'm in the first group. (Wanted to keep Zach Allen at that price, but who knows, the Broncos might have gone to $18 million. Payton brought his big spending ways to Denver.)

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

*or*

I'm in the first group. (Wanted to keep Zach Allen at that price, but who knows, the Broncos might have gone to $18 million. Payton brought his big spending ways to Denver.)

I’m with ya. There’s zero middle ground. I’m in group one. And the other half want Keim back because they’re at least used to complaining about him. We don’t even know if Monti drinks!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

*or*

Nothing this franchise has done historically earns it the benefit of doubt. I will believe in competency when competency is proven.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone say Rondale doesn't have injury issues.

Only that it doesn't mean it will be a thing forever. Like Hump, who was injured a bunch his first 3 years and was barely injured since until last year.
Good logic. Moore has played more than 8 games in a season ONCE since his freshman year in college. Let's build around him and let that oft injured DE walk for nothing.
Allen has missed 8 games his entire career. Moore missed 9 just last season. You're right, he'll be the bastion of health moving forward.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Good logic. Moore has played more than 8 games in a season ONCE since his freshman year in college. Let's build around him and let that oft injured DE walk for nothing.
Allen has missed 8 games his entire career. Moore missed 9 just last season. You're right, he'll be the bastion of health moving forward.
Allen missed 9 in the last 3 years and about 21 over 4 years. 45 games played in 4 years.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm he’s missed 21 not 8 out of a possible 65. Which is 32% absence rate overall. Not as bad as Rondale but he is certainly injury prone. Lol

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

None of this is remotely what I said or accurate but cool for you.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Ummm he’s missed 20 not 8 out of a possible 65. Which is 30% absence rate overall. Not as bad as Rondale but he is certainly injury prone. Lol
I must've looked up the wrong Allen.
Nope, I didn't look back far enough. I saw he missed 4,1, and 3 the last 3 years.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
None of this is remotely what I said or accurate but cool for you.
Thank you.

But like K9 said, I do remember a thread last year where you were defending Moore as not being injury prone. Which is ironic since the guys that the Cards let walk for nothing are the one's you're calling out for being injured.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must've looked up the wrong Allen.
Nope, I didn't look back far enough. I saw he missed 4,1, and 3 the last 3 years.
It was actually 4, 2 and 3 in the last 3 years in addition to the 12 missed in 2019. We played 17 games in 2021, not 16.

Total side note, JJ Watt, who everyone says is injury prone, missed 19 games the last 4 years to Allen's 21 games missed in those 4 years, but missed ZERO games his first 5 years in the league.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Nope. But when he did start in his 2nd year he missed 11 games. Then in year 3 he missed 7. At that point he was being called injury prone, especially as all his injuries were lower leg.

Then he played 3 full seasons in a row until this last year. You can see it in this thread.

Um and lets not forget that we had injuries at RT his rookie year and he still couldnt see the field. BA said he was so dumb and so lazy that he was a liability to the other players and "a foot up the ass wasnt enough, we need to go knee deep"

Thats where his well earned nickname Knee Deep comes from.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Nothing this franchise has done historically earns it the benefit of doubt. I will believe in competency when competency is proven.

It's the ole "guilty until proven innocent" approach for a new coach and general manager. Why not, it worked with the witches in Salem, Mass.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's the ole "guilty until proven innocent" approach for a new coach and general manager. Why not, it worked with the witches in Salem, Mass.
How people on this message board feel about Ossenfort and Gannon has zero impact on how well they will do their jobs.

It's possible that Michael Bidwill has suddenly become a genius at finding and hiring talented people. After three decades at being a mediocrity at basically everything. It's possible!

But, it's still unlikely. There's no rulebook on hiring GMs because it's such a rare event. Maybe one job comes open every couple years. McKinsey or someone did a study on how to hire the best head coach or general manager to see if there are efficiencies to be found.

They discovered that teams basically just hire the second guy on a team that won the most games over the past three seasons. No recommendations on a better way.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How people on this message board feel about Ossenfort and Gannon has zero impact on how well they will do their jobs.

It's possible that Michael Bidwill has suddenly become a genius at finding and hiring talented people. After three decades at being a mediocrity at basically everything. It's possible!

But, it's still unlikely. There's no rulebook on hiring GMs because it's such a rare event. Maybe one job comes open every couple years. McKinsey or someone did a study on how to hire the best head coach or general manager to see if there are efficiencies to be found.

They discovered that teams basically just hire the second guy on a team that won the most games over the past three seasons. No recommendations on a better way.
Well we’re set we took the #2 guy from only the 6th winningest team. We should be good to go….

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Then Ian Cunningham surely wasn't the 1st choice. :) I honestly hadn't heard that....it's interesting.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would this be a worst case scenario? QB's go one-two and the Cardinals want Anderson. They tell the Colts (who want a QB) that the Raiders have approached them and want to move up to #3. So the Colts agree to flip the 3-4 with Arizona and will send Arizona a pick. So the Cardinals make that trade, with the intention of letting the Colts draft a QB since they want Anderson, anyway. But then Seattle sitting at #5, who also want Anderson, makes a trade with the Colts and picks Anderson at #3. Could this happen, and the Colts end up at #5 and select their QB since Arizona and Seattle go Defense.