Free Agency

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'd actually be ok with Matt Ryan. Yes he appears washed. So thats good for those who want to tank. But he's a pro's pro.

A guy thats accomplished what Kyler wants to accomplish one day (win MVP, play in Super Bowl). Not that Colt isnt great in the professional role, but would be a guy who can actually show him how to prepare to be great.

Not happening. Just rambling.
Sooner, I agree. He's a bit more solid than Colt, who I'm certain won't be able to stay healthy (not that Ryan is the picture of health) but being we are going to be straight trash truck juice this year, I'd be okay with it.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The collapse happened after J.J. Watt suffered a near-season ending injury. How was J.J. supposed to prevent the collapse from the sideline?

This season never really achieved escape velocity, but the team was much better with Watt than without. He lead the team in sacks and it was still fighting through the end of the season. That matters.

People are acting like critics of the front office are mad because we didn't sign, like, Javon Hargrave and James Bradberry. These guys are players in their 30s who may only have a year or two of top performance remaining.

But guys like Dre'Mont Jones and Zach Allen are still on the upswing of their careers. They're guys who can help you win for the life of their contracts.

I think some of the hostility directed at apologists for the front office is attributable to the idea that your understanding of the front office's point of view is also an endorsement of the front office's unwillingness to spend money to field a competitive team with experienced, quality NFL players.
Wait.... why didn't Allen pick up the slack?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wait.... why didn't Allen pick up the slack?
Because he was a third-year player playing on a torn ankle ligament?

Despite that, he still contributed 4 sacks, 12 QB hits, four passes defensed, a pick-six, and a fumbler return for a touchdown.

But you're right, he should have done more replacing a Hall of Famer that year. :rolleyes:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not to worry...NOT TO WORRY...the XFL will be over around the draft. PLENTY of talent for the Cards to go after! Probably be cheap too :mrgreen:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would I be surprised if the Cards signed a player from the XFL? Absolutely not.
They might as well sign the entire Houston team. Son of Bum is acing it so far, they are undefeated. LOL

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised either. There are a few depth guys in that league.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Probably not. I also don't (didn't) have lofty expectations that this team will suddenly win the lottery and sign a top tier free agent or two to close the gap.
Yeah...I don't understand how the Cardinals will be a more desired FA destination after another horrible losing season. So, we suck now to overspend next year just to get guys? Banking on 2024 seems like a poor plan.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah...I don't understand how the Cardinals will be a more desired FA destination after another horrible losing season. So, we suck now to overspend next year just to get guys? Banking on 2024 seems like a poor plan.

We haven't had the other horrible losing season yet, nor do we, which includes you, know the plan.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sure this is utter nonsense, but would love to see this!

Attachments

• 7B9DEA9F-3DF6-4D48-9C83-6E2FD29072C4.jpeg
    7B9DEA9F-3DF6-4D48-9C83-6E2FD29072C4.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 19

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Probably not. I also don't (didn't) have lofty expectations that this team will suddenly win the lottery and sign a top tier free agent or two to close the gap.
Don’t need to sign a top tier free agent. Just don’t let your own young talent walk away like we just did with Allen and Murphy.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This one probably isn't bunk. He has a legit following.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson