Bucks @ Suns Tuesday game thread 3-14-2023

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To have a legit shot to win a championship! We weren’t winning it with Mikal and Cam sorry but that’s just truth they have disappeared in the playoffs enough to know how they play when pressure is there imo. Glad they doing well in Brooklyn but there is zero pressure at this point…
Save your breath. There will be no changing of minds and we’re going to hear about it for the next couple years.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darn. If the Suns could not beat the Warriors, I can't possibly expect them to beat the Bucks.
Any given night we were in the game last night when they were shooting lights out from 3 and we shot a pathetic 19% with 4 threes for the entire game lol. If guys hit shots we have a shot in any game even without Durant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To have a legit shot to win a championship! We weren’t winning it with Mikal and Cam sorry but that’s just truth they have disappeared in the playoffs enough to know how they play when pressure is there imo. Glad they doing well in Brooklyn but there is zero pressure at this point…

The Suns could have added to their core players and kept improving. Mikal Bridges is only 26.

How do you know the Suns couldn't win a championship by building off their core players?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns could have added to this core players and kept improving. Mikal Bridges is only 26.

How do you know the Suns couldn't win a championship by building off their core players?
I think personally I have seen enough of those guys when it counts in the playoffs and they failed to deliver. I love Mikal and Cam but Durant is a HOF scorer that we needed to pair beside Book, just look at the 3 games he played Book averaged 36 and it looked easy as he wasn’t getting killed every night! Mikal would never have been demanding the D that KD does it creates for everyone. Sure health is a concern but damn this team has been cursed this season 10 games or less with projected starters 68 games into the season. To pin our hopes on Mikal and Cam and some cast offs from other teams would have been just another wasted year in the WC as other teams are legitimately better than what we were throwing out there. My opinion of course.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think personally I have seen enough of those guys when it counts in the playoffs and they failed to deliver. I love Mikal and Cam but Durant is a HOF scorer that we needed to pair beside Book, just look at the 3 games he played Book averaged 36 and it looked easy as he wasn’t getting killed every night! Mikal would never have been demanding the D that KD does it creates for everyone. Sure health is a concern but damn this team has been cursed this season 10 games or less with projected starters 68 games into the season. To pin our hopes on Mikal and Cam and some cast offs from other teams would have been just another wasted year in the WC as other teams are legitimately better than what we were throwing out there. My opinion of course.

Booker, Ayton, Bridges and Cam Johnson were all young and the Suns had all their assets.

I hope you have not placed all your hopes on an injury report.

Don't get me wrong, I hope this trade gets the Suns a championship but right now they are trying to avoid becoming a play-in team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what if the Durant trade doesn't work out?

The Suns sold their future to a team that traded for Ben Simmons.
Then both results net you zero titles. You move on to the next thing. At least I can say they took a risk instead of stuck to the same path that hasn't gotten the franchise anywhere for 55 years.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then both results net you zero titles. You move on to the next thing. At least I can say they took a risk instead of stuck to the same path that hasn't gotten the franchise anywhere for 55 years.

If the Suns kept their core and built on it, they would have been a contender and enjoyable to watch for years to come.

If the Durant trade doesn't work out it's going to be ugly for years to come.

I prefer the former.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns kept their core and built on it, they would have been a contender and enjoyable to watch for years to come.

If the Durant trade doesn't work out it's going to be ugly for years to come.

I prefer the former.
Being enjoyable for years to come is more of the same and doesn't reach the organizations goal, the players goals or expectations of eventually getting a title. We have had 55 years of that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being enjoyable for years to come is more of the same and doesn't reach the organizations goal, the players goals or expectations of eventually getting a title. We have had 55 years of that.

The Durant trade doesn't guarantee a title either.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody said it does. However, we do know what we have been doing has not worked. We do know that the West got better not worse.

The Suns could have gotten better too if James Jones had sought to improve the roster. It didn't have to be all or nothing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could have gotten better too if James Jones had sought to improve the roster. It didn't have to be all or nothing.
Not good enough. The Suns were involved in all kinds of trade scenarios and there is a reason none of them panned out. This very well could have been the only realistic trade scenario (mainly because Durant chose the Suns) to move the needle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not good enough. The Suns were involved in all kinds of trade scenarios and there is a reason none of them panned out. This very well could have been the only realistic trade scenario (mainly because Durant chose the Suns) to move the needle.

It looks like James Jones was locked onto Durant. There were plenty of opportunities for other trades.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like James Jones was locked onto Durant. There were plenty of opportunities for other trades.
We don't know that. When James Jones was asked about other trades he simply said it takes two sides to get it done. Just because fans the media talk about a trade doesn't mean it's viable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't know that. When James Jones was asked about other trades he simply said it takes two sides to get it done. Just because fans the media talk about a trade doesn't mean it's viable.

I think the Suns could have got 5 second round picks out of Crowder.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too but then again, that changes the recipe.

Somebody would have been happy with those second rounders. Hopefully it would have been the Suns if they ever invest in more scouts and a G-League team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody would have been happy with those second rounders. Hopefully it would been the Suns if they ever invest in more scouts and a G-League team.
That we agree on. The fact the team isn't invested in a G-League to me is a massive mistake. One I hope Isbia changes.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What's all this James Jones talk
You all know Ishbia pulled the trigger
Stop changing the narrative

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no need for the Suns to give up a solid future to overpay for an aging superstar.

The Suns future now rests on Durant. Why risk the farm when dealing from a position of power?
What position of power are you talking about? Do you have amnesia from last playoffs when we got HUMILIATED IN THE LAST FOUR OF FIVE GAMES against a LESSER opponent?

What about earlier this year when Booker/Bridges and Ayton were REGULARLY getting ANNIHILATED at home by good teams while padding their only slightly better than mediocre record by beating the dregs of the league? That happened THIS season in our “position of power”.

I don’t know how some of you watch and post as much about basketball as you do yet have such MASSIVE blind spots to ignore that horrific ending to last season and countless ass kickings Booker/Bridges and Ayton suffered THIS SEASON as well.