Zach Allen Signs with Denver

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If this is Monti's plan, he is stupid. The Patriot Way works with Tom Brady. It has never worked elsewhere. If Monti is overwhelmed already Bidwill hired the wrong guy.

Poverty Franchise.
TBF Monti was just a little bit better QB play from going to the Super Bowl 2 of the last 4 years. He's just going to have a different perspective.
Yeah, the excuses are so pathetic at this point. The NFL is a results business, and losing Zach Allen is a big L for Monti.
If Keim made the same moves/non moves obviously I would be upset. However, now that we're free of that anchor cant we at least wait till after the draft to judge Monti? If the offseason overall is bad sure he deserves blame. Lets let it play out fully first. Cant let our frustrations with Keim bleed over onto Monti.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's not like I'm happy to lose him, but I expected to, and this is roughly around where the deal became too rich for me. So, I'm fine with it. Kinda. Again, I don't expect anything from this year.

I don't really want to retain Byron Murphy if he gets a mega deal, but I'm fine with it if the price is right.
Allen had more pressures and starts than DreMont Jones over the past two seasons and only 2.5 less sacks and 3 less TFLs.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We’re weaker in the trenches now than when Monti arrived. Did you forget the excuses you were making at the top of your post by the time you got to the end?

Just stating that I'd like to see this team build correctly through the draft. It's been a long time since we really beefed up the O Line and D Line in the early rds of the draft. In fact, I don't think Keim spent a 1st or 2nd rd pick on those positions over the last 5 years.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TBF Monti was just a a little bit better QB play from going to the Super Bowl 2 of the last 4 years. He's just going to have a different perspective.

If Keim made the same moves/non moves obviously I would be upset. However, now that we're free of that anchor cant we at least wait till after the draft to judge Monti? If the offseason overall is bad sure he deserves blame. Lets let it play out fuly first. Cant let our frustrations with Keim bleed over onto Monti.
How can we wait till after draft when damn near every expert says it takes 2-3 full seasons to truly judge a draft? :)

Reactions: PJ1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
TBF Monti was just a a little bit better QB play from going to the Super Bowl 2 of the last 4 years. He's just going to have a different perspective.

If Keim made the same moves/non moves obviously I would be upset. However, now that we're free of that anchor cant we at least wait till after the draft to judge Monti? If the offseason overall is bad sure he deserves blame. Lets let it play out fuly first. Cant let our frustrations with Keim bleed over onto Monti.
Letting young talent walk out the door when your roster lacks it is a universally bad plan. Monti doesn't get a pass until the draft. This isn't change, it is the same turd wrapped in different packaging.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just stating that I'd like to see this team build correctly through the draft. It's been a long time since we really beefed up the O Line and D Line in the early rds of the draft. In fact, I don't think Keim spent a 1st or 2nd rd pick on those positions over the last 5 years.
Why does it have to be through the draft or with a 1st or 2nd round pick? Zach Allen is playing as well as any second round DL pick we’re likely to bring in.

Why is it okay to let him walk?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Allen had more pressures and starts than DreMont Jones over the past two seasons and only 2.5 less sacks and 3 less TFLs.
Fair, but I also wasn't comparing them. I have my reasonable doubts about Allen though, since JJ Watt was soaking up so much attention. We'll see how he does when he doesn't have that.

Although that Denver D is pretty talented overall, so he'll probably look decent.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The reason is obvious:
Denver weight room
You must be registered for see images attach

Cardinals weight room
The Cards have an image problem. They need to find a way to create a different perspective.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Fair, but I also wasn't comparing them. I have my reasonable doubts about Allen though, since JJ Watt was soaking up so much attention. We'll see how he does when he doesn't have that.

Although that Denver D is pretty talented overall, so he'll probably look decent.
Most good teams have more than one good player on their defensive front. They don't have to do it alone.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why does it have to be through the draft or with a 1st or 2nd round pick? Zach Allen is playing as well as any second round DL pick we’re likely to bring in.

Why is it okay to let him walk?
I wanted them to re-sign Allen. I just think I understand what their game plan may be by letting him walk. To me it signals a full blown rebuild that includes acquiring as many draft picks as possible and clearing as much cap space as possible for 2024.

Maybe they are trying to do what the Jets have done. In the last two drafts the Jets have had 7 total picks in the top 36 selections (3 from 2021 and 4 from 2022). Seemed like it almost worked for them when they started 5-2 last year before they imploded at qb.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone is going to have to play 5-technique next year and the year after.

What’s the cap problem letting Allen leave solve tho? They had a top 10 amount of cap space coming into the week.
They also have more roster holes than almost any team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are cheap quality players, I have no idea how you can complain about those signings.
I’m not complaining about those. I’m complaining that those are so often the ONLY young talented guys we actually keep unless it’s so blatantly obvious like a Buddah Baker who’s made a Pro Bowl already.

But I hope the Dortch and Beachums of the world keep you satisfied while we let guys like Reddick and Allen and likely Murphy walk out the door.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wanted them to re-sign Allen. I just think I understand what their game plan may be by letting him walk. To me it signals a full blown rebuild that includes acquiring as many draft picks as possible and clearing as much cap space as possible for 2024.

Maybe they are trying to do what the Jets have done. In the last two drafts the Jets have had 7 total picks in the top 36 selections (3 from 2021 and 4 from 2022). Seemed like it almost worked for them when they started 5-2 last year before they imploded at qb.
Imagine thinking to yourself “maybe we’re trying to emulate the jets” and feeling good about it.

Imagine.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
49ers signed Javon Hargrave for $21 million a year, Seahawks signed Dre'Mont Jones for $17 million a year. We let Zach Allen walk for $15 million. All I can say is that I hope this is part of a plan. It's tough to watch our divisional opponents get better while we get worse.