Free Agency

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
i get Monti and Josh.. but Gannon?
Yeah. He talked about it during his press conference. McDaniels was a guy who reached out to him(?) after Petrino walked away from the Falcons. McDaniels recruited him from the Vikes to the Colts as DBs coach -- then abandoned Indianapolis at the altar. Gannon was still under contract and worked under Frank Reich and Matt Eberflus for a few years.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Until you can no longer, and then you're involved in a garage sale of assets like the RAMS.
You can kick that can down the road for an eternity until you then take the 1 to 2 year colonoscopy you need to reset things and get back to winning.

Our FO continues to use it as a barrier to winning instead of manipulating in order to win. It's a clear differentiator between teams that win or lose. Make excuses or make deals and win.

The Rams will be back and may contend for a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, we will continue to hope for one two or three winning seasons out of every decade. #BirdCity

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seumalo should be a guy the Cardinals are interested. Re-sign Hernandez too. Draft C. Decent OL.
He has started more than 10 games in two of his seven seasons and he is 29.

I understand that there are bodies in free agency that we can sign. I just also understand that if we lose Hopkins, Allen, Murphy and Hernandez, we are losing 4 of our 8 best non-QB players. Depth doesn't mean much when they are all replacement level guys. The more top guys off the board, the less options we have to replace that talent.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just also understand that if we lose Hopkins, Allen, Murphy and Hernandez, we are losing 4 of our 8 best non-QB players.
WOOF. Is this really true?

Budda
DHop
Humphries
Allen
Conner
Ertz
Murphy
Hollywood
Marco Wilson
J.J. Watt's Empty Locker

I guess the argument is on Hernandez, who I don't think is much better than replacement level. Remember, Hernandez was supposedly a reclamation project for our previous OL coach.

This roster is SOOOOO bad. People gonna mess around and find out that Kliff was only one reason we sucked last year, not the reason.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He has started more than 10 games in two of his seven seasons and he is 29.

I understand that there are bodies in free agency that we can sign. I just also understand that if we lose Hopkins, Allen, Murphy and Hernandez, we are losing 4 of our 8 best non-QB players. Depth doesn't mean much when they are all replacement level guys. The more top guys off the board, the less options we have to replace that talent.
Monti is still trying to clean up Keim's mess and rep. Gotta give it a few days.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess the positive I am taking out of today is that nobody else signed Allen or Murphy, so there is a chance this new regime just isn't as leaky as the previous one.

In actuality, we are probably bargain shopping in free agency again, but at least I can hope for now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess the positive I am taking out of today is that nobody else signed Allen or Murphy, so there is a chance this new regime just isn't as leaky as the previous one.

In actuality, we are probably bargain shopping in free agency again, but at least I can hope for now.
This is a good point. I know we're the hinterlands of the NFL, but surely someone watched our guys and saw something. Maybe we're working to top any offers Allen and Murphy are getting, which is why they're still in the wind.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good point. I know we're the hinterlands of the NFL, but surely someone watched our guys and saw something. Maybe we're working to top any offers Allen and Murphy are getting, which is why they're still in the wind.
It would really be a shame to lose both of those guys. Both solid draft picks with upside as opposed to our first rounders spent on D who leave a ton to be desired.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose