Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every year I am so anxious for the draft to be over so there aren't all of these rumors, mock trades, mock drafts, mock, mock, mock...<sigh>

Crapoport is right now reporting that Ramsey is going from the Rams to the Dolphins. No further details at this time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People people, DHop is going to get you a 3rd rounder at best. Such high hopes from most here...
Ehhh he could garner more free agent group of wide receivers is terrible. The draft isn’t deep in good receivers.

If you get two or 3 teams bidding for services you def may get a better return.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People people, DHop is going to get you a 3rd rounder at best. Such high hopes from most here...

If that's the case you don't trade him.

You wait until the trade deadline when someone is desperate. Makes no difference to us financially and getting the pick this year vs next year makes little difference to us.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't care how fast someone is, if they're not tall enough to ride everything at Magic Mountain I don't see them as a #1 WR. That being said, lol I am guessing Hollywood Brown might just end up being our #1 WR

Dhop is already gone just hasn't happened yet. If you think we're not going to get much for Dhop you don't even want to know what we wouldn't get for Hollywood Brown

He's already signed, he's not a gigantic cap hit, and I'm not sure Monti wants to start off his new relationship with his "franchise quarterback" by shipping his best friend out of Arizona and getting nothing in return - especially after losing Dhop. lmao Kyler would probably block him on all social media outlets

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let me ask you this then, do you think Mac Jones and the Patriots are a Hopkins away from beating out the Bills for the division?

If the Jets get a QB, the Patriots may battle the Dolphins for 3rd in my opinion.
Imo the Jets are not just a QB away from 2nd place in the AFC East, the Dolphins have that spot & if Tua can avoid another concussion, they could give the Bills a run?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fun stat! I notice you didn't mention anything about our performance in 2022 without Hop. Maybe you forgot?

Here's some snippets:

"The Cardinals put up 30.2 points per game when Hopkins played last season, propelled by a blazing start in which they scored 31 or more points in each of the first four weeks.

Without him, their average dropped 10.45 points to 19.75."

"Murray’s quarterback rating with Hopkins available was 106 last year, on pace for third-best in the NFL behind Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers and Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals.

That number dropped to 80.26 in the final five games without Hopkins."

"The passing touchdowns per attempt dropped from 5.9% with Hopkins to 2.4% without him in December and January. That struggle continued in the red zone, as Kingsbury said. With Hopkins, Arizona's red zone touchdown rate was 65.9%. Without him it dropped to 35.7%.

Murray's completion percentage was 71.6% with Hopkins and 63.1% without him. Arizona averaged 1.9 passing touchdowns per game with Hopkins and one without him.

And having Hopkins on the field dictated how defenses played the Cardinals. Murray was blitzed an average of three more times per game without Hopkins in December and January."

People keep talking about helping Murray, yet they want to discard the one player who has made an obvious and tangible difference in his career.

I'd love to see the comparison of rebuild vs. tear down and start over in the NFL. We've seen how quickly bad teams can turn it around - why are so many around here positive we have to tear down to the studs?
How many of those 30.2 were put up in the first quarter of those games lol?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose